Resources for Students
Fill out the Request for Graduate Independent Study form, print it off, and obtain required signatures before turning in to Graduate Enrollment Counselor.
We partner with SurveyGizmo for our online surveys.
This website is the official site for the American Counseling Association (ACA). It has important information on becoming a member of ACA, yearly conferences to attend, and relevant information on counseling.
This website is the official site for the American School Counselor Association (ASCA). It has important information on becoming a member of ASCA, yearly conferences to attend, and relevant information on school counseling.
SEPA is the Southeastern Psychological Association. Its website contains information on the yearly SEPA/ Psi Chi conference that students are able to attend.
• COUN 503 - Foundations of School Counseling
• COUN 507 - Sexuality: Issues in Counseling
• COUN 510 - Advanced Lifespan Development
• COUN 514 - Drugs and Addictions
• COUN 516 - Career Counseling
• COUN 520 - Principles of Counseling
• COUN 521 - Psychopathology
• COUN 526 - Ethics and Legal Aspects of Counseling
• COUN 528 - Learning and School Counseling Interventions
• COUN 530 - Assessment and Appraisal
• COUN 553 - Group Counseling and Procedures
• COUN 556 - Theories and Techniques of Psychotherapy
• COUN 561 - Multicultural Issues in Counseling
• COUN 565 - Topics in Counseling (taught as needed with varying content)
• COUN 570 - Counseling in Community Agencies
• COUN 575 - Administration of Counseling Services
• COUN 577 - Administration of School Counseling Services
• COUN 582 - Clinical Practicum I: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
• COUN 582 - Clinical Practicum I: School Counseling
• COUN 583 - Clinical Practicum II: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
• COUN 583 - Clinical Practicum II: School Counseling
• COUN 584 - Clinical Internship: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
• COUN 584 - Clinical Internship: School Counseling (Fall)
• COUN 584 - Clinical Internship: School Counseling (Winter)
• COUN 588 - Statistics (course discontinued as of Fall 2015)
• COUN 590 - Marriage and Family Counseling I
• COUN 591 - Marriage and Family Counseling II
• COUN 593 - Child and Adolescent Problems and Treatment
• COUN 598 - Research and Program Evaluation
• COUN 599 - Master's Thesis (optional)