Reference and Instruction
A foundational aspect of the education provided at Southern Adventist University is instruction that will enable students to find, evaluate, and use information effectively, ethically, and legally.
- Faculty members need to contact a librarian to schedule an information literacy session for their class.
- Students in need of help with research are strongly encouraged to make appointments with the librarians.
- When meeting with librarians, students are encouraged to bring a copy of the assignment for which they need help.
- The library offers the following reference services:
- Appointment Based Reference
- Walk-up Reference
- Virtual Reference Services:
- The library offers the following instructional services:
- First Year Experience Library Orientation
- New Faculty Library Orientation
- JumpStart Library Orientation
- Research Process
- Evaluating Web Resources
- Understanding Copyright
- Research Note Taking
- Hierarchy of Evidence & Types of Sources
- Course Specific Presentations
- Assignment Specific Presentations
- Embedded Librarian Services
Contact the library for more information or to schedule a session.
For additional information, please contact:
Katie McGrath, Associate Library Director