Achieve! is a database supported by Academic Administration for storing and viewing Southern Adventist University faculty projects, publications, and presentations. Log in to Achieve! »
KnowledgeExchange@Southern is Southern Adventist University's institutional repository. Faculty are encouraged to submit their research and presentations in order to be a part of this important body of knowledge. Works submitted are Google-searchable and provide exposure to the scholarly activities on our campus.
Request New Materials and Resources
- Request a book: Use the Online Book Order Form to submit your request. For assistance with ordering books, email Stan Cottrell or call 423.236.2798.
- Recommend a database: To recommend a database, email Donald Martin or call 423.236.2013. Please provide information about how the database will be used and why it is needed.
- Request a journal: Faculty members may request that new print and electronic titles be considered for purchase. Go to Periodical Subscription Request »
- Request media: To request DVDs, audio books, or streaming media email Stan Cottrell or call 423.236.2798.
Faculty may borrow an unlimited number of items from the library. Student readers may borrow books for them by using the faculty member's Campus Card. Faculty may renew items by email.
Course Reserve Requests
Faculty members may place on reserve items owned by the library or a department, or themselves, to ensure availability to all members of the participating class. Please email Carol Harrison with requests.
The Writing Center can provide customized workshops on a variety of topics. Click here to learn more.
If you are a Southern Adventist University instructor and wish to schedule a library instruction session for a class, please contact librarian Katie McGrath with your course information and preferred date.
If you are interested in collaborating with a librarian to provide customized research assistance for your course(s), please contact Jessica Spears for more information or complete the embedded librarian request form.
The Media Department is able to record off-air programs that are not available for purchase at your request with no charge to your department/school.
Audio and videotape duplication is available for either one or multiple copies. Professional duplicating equipment is used.
Media Standards Conversion
Conversion of video standards may be made to and from NTSC, PAL, and SECAM. All conversions are completed according to international copyright laws.
- Transferring services include: Digital videos (mini and regular) to VHS or DVD
- 8mm video to VHS or DVD
- Reel-to-reel and audio cassette to CD