Achieve! is a database supported by Academic Administration for storing and viewing Southern Adventist University faculty projects, publications, and presentations. Log in to Achieve! »
KnowledgeExchange@Southern is Southern Adventist University's institutional repository. Faculty are encouraged to submit their research and presentations in order to be a part of this important body of knowledge. Works submitted are Google-searchable and provide exposure to the scholarly activities on our campus.
Request New Materials and Resources
- Request a book: Use the Online Book Order Form to submit your request. For assistance with ordering books, email Stan Cottrell or call 423.236.2798.
- Recommend a database: Faculty members may request a database be considered for purchase. Go to Database Request »
- Request a journal: Faculty members may request that new print and electronic titles be considered for purchase. Go to Periodical Subscription Request »
- Request media: To request DVDs, audio books, or streaming media email Stan Cottrell or call 423.236.2798.
Faculty may borrow an unlimited number of items from the library. Student readers may borrow books for them by using the faculty member's Campus Card. Faculty may renew items by email.
Course Reserve Requests
Faculty members may place on reserve items owned by the library or a department, or themselves, to ensure availability to all members of the participating class. Please email Carol Harrison with requests.
The Writing Center can provide customized workshops on a variety of topics. Click here to learn more.
If you are a Southern Adventist University instructor and wish to schedule a library instruction session for a class, please click the link below or contact librarian Katie McGrath with your course information and preferred date.
- Academic Writing
- APA Citation Style
- Campus Research Day
- Converting Your Paper Into a Poster for Campus Research Day
- Converting Your Paper Into a Presentation for Campus Research Day
- Copyright for Students & Educators
- Crafting an Exceptional Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation
- Evaluating Web Resources
- Excel Essentials I
- Excel Essentials II
- Excel Essentials III
- Google & Google Scholar
- How to use the Library Website
- Interlibrary Loan
- Legal Research
- Literature Reviews
- Locating Physical Resources at the Library
- LSAT Preparation
- Mendeley Troubleshooting
- Mendeley: Setting up a Research System
- Nursing Research
- Resumes & Cover Letters
- Social Media Basics
- Writing Center & Tutoring Center Overview
If you are interested in collaborating with a librarian to provide customized research assistance for your course(s), please contact Jessica Spears for more information or complete the embedded librarian request form.
The Media Department is able to record off-air programs that are not available for purchase at your request with no charge to your department/school.
Media Standards Conversion
Conversion of video standards may be made to and from NTSC, PAL, and SECAM. All conversions are completed according to international copyright laws.
The Library will transfer selected content in older formats for instructional purposes. All conversions are completed according to international copyright laws. Transferring services include:
- Digital videos (mini and regular) to DVD or streaming
- 8mm video to DVD or streaming
- Reel-to-reel and audio cassette to CD