Administrative Assistant, Archaeology Institute, Pierson Institute;
and Lynn H. Wood Archaeology Museum Docent Coordinator
Office Location: 111 Hackman Hall
Office Phone: 423.236.2033
Susan Brown began working for Southern in 1976 at the College Press. After several assignments with other University industries, she was called to be administrative assistant to the vice president for admissions in 1989. After serving at that post for 13 years, Susan came to work in the School of Religion in 2002.
BA – Religious Studies, Southern Adventist Universtiy
Office Location: 211 Hackman Hall
Office Phone: 423.236.2976
Janita Herod came to the School of Religion in September 2016. Her previous experience as the office manager in the School of Journalism and Communication since 1999, gives her a working knowledge of the University that well qualifies her to carry out the various duties of her job.
Some of her responsibilities include:
- Secretary to the Dean of the School of Religion.
- Building events coordinator.
- Hiring of student readers for the various professors.
- Assistant Editor of the School of Religion biannual newsletter, Reaching Out
- Coordinator for the Adventist Heritage Tour
Office Administration - Southern Missionary College
Dental Assisting - Loma Linda University
Office Location: 213 Hackman Hall
Office Phone: 423.236.2988
Star Stevens has been with the School of Religion since August of 2004. Before that she lived in New England, working for the Atlantic Union Conference, Atlantic Union College, New England Electric System, and National Grid.
Among other things, her duties in the School of Religion include:
- Maintaining the departmental database.
- Assisting students with their ministerial trainee and candidate application processes.
- Assisting with the Recharge pastoral summer study retreat, ministerial externship program, and graduate program.
She also proofreads School of Religion books, minutes, website articles, course outlines, and newsletters.
BS – Piano Performance, Columbia Union College
AS – Secretarial Science, Columbia Union College