- RELB 245 Old Testament Studies I
RELB 246 Old Testament Studies II
- RELB 435 New Testament Studies I
RELB 436 New Testament Studies II
- RELB 237 Archaeology and the OT
- RELB 247 Archaeology and the NT
- RELB 455 Archaeological Fieldwork
- RELB 497 Archaeological Method & Theory
- RELL 181, 182 Biblical Hebrew I, II
- RELL 191, 192 New Testament Greek I, II
- RELL 221 Intro to Biblical Exegesis
- RELL 330 Intermediate Hebrew
- RELL 331 Intermediate Greek
- RELT 255 - Christian Beliefs (R-2) 3 hours
- RELP 264 - Christian Witnessing (R-4) 3 hours
Religion Electives (2 hours must be RELP; 6 hours must be UD) (May include MGNT 452) 8 hours
- RELP 291 - Practicum (SERV-2) 1-3 hours (1 hour required)
RELP 391 - Practicum (SERV-2) 1-3 hours (1 hour required)
NOND 226 - Christian Service 0-3 hours (1 hour required)
- NOND 099 - Student Missions Orientation (Non-Credit)*
- NOND 226 - Christian Service (SERV-2) 0-3 hours (1 hour required)**
- RELB 125 Life and Teachings of Jesus
- RELP 240 World Missions
- RELP 361 Personal Evangelism I
- RELT 255 Christian Beliefs
- RELT 458 World Religions (writing class)
- SOCI 150 Cultural Anthropology OR SOCI 230 Multicultural Relations
*These courses require admission to the student missions program and successful completion of one academic year of student mission experience.
**The candidate for this minor must complete this requirement by conducting an evangelistic series outside North America under the supervision of the Evangelistic Resource Center.
- RELP 270 Interpersonal Ministry
- RELP 321 Intro to Biblical Preaching
- RELP 322 Intermediate Biblical Preaching
- RELP 361, 362 Personal Evangelism I, II (R-4) (SERV-2) 2 hours
- RELP 450, 452 Church Ministry I, II
- NOND 226 Christian Service (SERV-2) 0-3 hours (3 hours required)
- or RELP 391 Practicum (SERV-2) 1-3 hours (3 hours required)
- or RELP 466 Public Evangelism
*Non-theology majors must obtain permission from the School of Religion.
Prerequisites apply to RELP 321.
Those seeking state certification and/or denominational endorsement for teaching in other areas could, with careful selection, also acquire a minor in religion.
All who wish to obtain teacher certification in Religion must have a Religion minor plus EDUC 342 Curriculum and Content Methods - Secondary (2 hour).
- RELB 125 Life & Teachings of Jesus
- RELT 138 Adventist Heritage
- Two Religion electives (RELB, RELT, or RELP)
- Two upper division RELB or RELT Courses
No more than one of the following courses may be chosen to apply toward the minor: RELT 317, 424.
- RELP 251 Intro to Youth Ministry
- RELP 252 Intermediate Youth Ministry*
- RELT 255 Christian Beliefs
- RELB 245 Old Testament Studies I OR RELB 246* Old Testament Studies II*
- RELB 435 New Testament Studies I OR RELB 436 New Testament Studies II
- EDOE 301 Outdoor Ministries OR OLAC 136 Survey of Outdoor Adventures
- PSYC 422 Issues in Adolescence*
*Academic requirements apply.