Schools

Our grantees and partners are at the core of our mission and work. We are most effective when we are working together to achieve the shared impact we all desire.

Achieving results depends on many factors, including the quality of our partnerships. We can achieve greater impact by forging stronger relationships with our most important partners—our grantees.

Our Commitment to Grantees

Quality Interactions—You will be treated with respect and candor. 

Clear and Consistent Communications—You will know when and who will make the decision on your grant, and you will be provided clear communications on the foundation’s strategy, grant process, and the amount of time and assistance you could expect to receive from the foundation once your grant is awarded.

Feedback—You will have opportunities to provide feedback–and we will use that feedback to make continuous improvements.

We welcome your feedback! It is a critical part of our commitment because your ideas, assessment, and comments will help to ensure greater success in our mutual goal to provide academy and elementary students an excellent opportunity to appreciate the value of service, foster positive mutual relationships with the elderly, and help with financing their Christian education. We take a diverse approach to seeking feedback - through ongoing interactions between our program staff and grantees, periodic interviews, and annual surveys.

Reapplication Process - After you first successful grant year, you may apply annually using our on-line application process with no required additional training.

Terms and Conditions of Grant - these are the Terms and Conditions your agreed to when we approved your grant. 

Fundraising -  A 4:1 Match!  Southern’s Assist program provides 70 percent of the total student wages and the remaining 30 percent is fundraised by the individual academies.  The Assist program helps create much-needed student jobs.  Similarly, Southern’s PFE program provides 70 percent of the total scholarships awarded and the remaining 30 percent is fundraised by the individual schools.  In this way, the PFE program helps families afford Christian education by awarding almost one-quarter of their yearly tuition cost.  Both the Assist and PFE programs also give schools a wonderful way to serve and make positive connections in their local communities.

Annual Conference - You will be required to attend our annual conference.  Some of the goals of the conference will be to continue educating our partners about our mission and values of the program, showcasing best practices, providing networking opportunities among the grantees, and share new tools and processes of the grant.

Resources - Listed on our Forms, Resources and Applications page are links to forms and orientation materials that you will want to use to increase the effectiveness of your grant.

Students

 

Congratulations on YOUR participation in the Assist or PFE program!!

 

Weekly

Every week, you will perform companionship activities and some light chores together with your assigned senior mentor.  These activities not only help the older adults with daily living and quality of life, but also gives you an excellent opportunity to appreciate the value of service, foster positive mutual relationships with the elderly, and help with financing your Christian education.

Visitation Reflections

Each week you will submit reflections about the visits with your senior mentors.

PFE: If you are PFE student click iConnect to access your visitation reflection. Login to your account and you will have access to your previous reflections. Remember that the your reflection needs to be turned in to the school within the week you did your visitation. Contact your school if you have questions about the specific deadline. 

Assist: If you are an Assist student, click iConnect to access your visitation reflection. Login to your account and you will have access to your previous reflections. Please remember to indicate the name of your Senior Mentor and use their initials to record the time spent in various companionship and chore activities during your visit.  This report must be submitted within 24 hours of your visit.

Need Money for College?  

Your participation in the Assist Program will earn you a scholarship to Southern Adventist University!  As long as you maintain a 3.0 GPA, you will be awarded up to $1,000 a year every year you are at Southern. Click here for more information. 

*Forms and Application Directions can be found on our Forms, Resources, and Applications tab.