Disclaimer: The Student Job Board is a job referral/resource that is available to our students and the local community.
Southern Adventist University is not responsible for the safety, wages, working conditions, or other aspects of off-campus (non-university) employment listing. The university does not guarantee positions nor products or services of employers who post job opportunites through the Student Job Board. The Human Resource Department strives to update and maintain the student job board, as information is made available.
Job postings are approved at the discretion of Human Resource Department, and will reserve the right to decline job postings at any point.
Hours: 4 hrs/wk
Pay Rate: $15/hr
Job Description: Teach children Spanish in a practical and playful way.
Qualifications: Experience leading out in Cradle Roll class or teaching children. Gifted at teaching. Great at playing with children. Looking for a individual who will put a lot of effort in helping children learn Spanish.
Contact Name: Liudmila Loktionova
Other: Will need transportation.
Location: Off - Campus
Hours: Mondays and Tuesdays a must! Other hours negotiable
Pay Rate: $9.90 p/hr
Job Description: Companion for a 19yr old on the autism spectrum. Assist with daily activities to include meal prep, housecleanng and companion services. Will need to be affirmative, encouraging, positive, self engaging and understanding.
- CPR and first aid certified.
- Own transportation
- Prompt and consistent
Contact Person: Wendy Dietsche
Location: Off Campus
Hours: As needed
Pay Rate: TBD
Job Description: Looking for someone to do some sewing alterations.
Qualifications: Experience in sewing all types of materials especially denim material.
Contact Name: Ruth Benjamin
Location: Ooltewah/Collegedale, TN
Hours: Occassional afternoons, evenings and weekends.
- Duties Provide safe, loving care and intentionally promote learning through play.
- CPR, First Aid and experience preferred.
- Must have a clean driving record and reliable transportation.
- Knowledge of ASL, French and/or Spanish is a plus.
Contact Name: Cassia Nothnagel
Application Developer Intern, Accounting
Location: McKee Family Bakery, Collegedale, TN
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. We are seeking candidates available to work year-round, flexible part-time hours during the school year (up to 30 hours/week) and (up to 40 hours/week) during summer and school breaks.
Job Summary: You’ll learn from a great team of I/S professionals as you work on projects and key initiatives. As an Intern in the Software Engineering Group, you will be an active part of the team that supports our Accounting and Order departments. You will be a part of the entire spectrum of the development process from requirements gathering, planning, coding, testing, deployment and ongoing support. Together you’ll help us design services, applications, internal websites, and other software as we work with users to come up with creative solutions to an ever changing business landscape.
Make McKee Foods an integral part of your education plan and you will develop the technical, business and customer-service skills needed to become a well-rounded software development professional!
- Currently enrolled in a BS or MS degree program or recent graduate in Computer science, Information Systems, or related field
- Development experience with modern programming languages
- Working knowledge of .NET
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as SQL Server or Oracle
- Working knowledge of web application development
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using PCs and Microsoft Windows applications
- Able to perform with minimal supervision
- Strong desire and ability to learn and grow self, skills, and knowledge
- Experience with database environments such as Oracle and SQL Server
- Competitive pay scale
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Direct deposit payroll
- Credit Union
- Exercise and recreation facility
*Please note: Spare and limited employees (*including interns) are not eligible for some company benefits.
Please upload your current resume to be fully considered for this position.
Please visit our website at www.mckeefoods.comunder the careers link to apply or you may click the link below to apply.
All applications must be submitted by November 14, 2017.
Member Services Representative (MSR)/ Teller
Location: Collegedale Credit Union
Pay Rate: Negotiated per experience
Description: We're looking for a motivated, team player to join the Collegedale Credit Union Family!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide a variety of paying and receiving functions, including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashiers’ checks, money orders and cash advances
- Perform a broad variety of member services functions such as opening and closing accounts, renewing certificates, and assisting members with bookkeeping and checking account problems
- Answer members’ questions regarding Credit Union services provided and perform a variety of account maintenance duties
- Actively cross-sell Credit Union services
- Provide support to all positions within the Member Relations Department during staff absences, vacations and high work volume periods
- Investigate questionable data and recommend action to resolve discrepancies
- Perform specific assigned side-jobs and assist other Tellers or MSRs with a variety of duties, as required
- Teller/MSR functions are efficiently, effectively and accurately performed in accordance with established policies, standards and security procedures
- Good business relations exist with members. Members’ problems or questions are courteously and promptly resolved
- Good working relationships and coordination exist with area personnel and with Management. Assistance is provided to other staff, as needed. Supervisors are appropriately informed of area activities
- The Credit Union’s professional reputation is maintained and conveyed
Education: High school graduate or equivalent
- Willingness to learn, take direction and adapt to changes in the work environment
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and have a high degree of detail management
- Consistently display a strong work ethic
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Possess a degree of competency in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Beginning Spanish fluency a plus
- A minimum of 6 months customer service or banking experience
- Experience with a 12 digit adding machine
- Two weeks’ vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Eight hour birthdays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- 401K Plan with employer contribution, upon eligibility
How to Apply:
Candidate needs to apply at:
Hours: Must be available several hours Mondays and Wednesdays. Approximately 6-8 hours per week.
Pay Rate: $12.00/hr
Description: Teach individual lessons to beginning band students in 5th grade. To apply, please email resume and available hours to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications: Must have experience teaching lessons with different band instruments. Must provide own transportation. Seniors/recent music grads preferred.
Contact Name: Shelly Turkenkopf
Contact Phone: 423.238.4449
Location: Ooltewah, TN
Hours: Flexible hours/Part time
Pay Rate: $10.00 p/hr
Description: Warehouse work pulling and picking orders.
Qualifications: Good personality with good work ethic
Office Phone: 423-894-6079