Graphic Design Manager
The graphic designer supervises and implements the majority of the graphic design needs of the university and is a key member of the creative team that oversees all marketing and communication activities for Southern Adventist University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct or create the design of all print communications handled by Marketing and University Relations and manage those projects to final production
- Assist the eCommunications Manager with the graphic design themes of non-print communications
- Serve as layout editor for the university magazine, Columns.
- Hire, train, and direct student employees in graphic design
- Oversee the photography needs of the office including hiring, training, and directing student employees in photography
- Maintain and monitor the use of the corporate university visual identity system, and to assist departments with the application of the system
- Assist in facilitating internal and external campus communication for all of Southern’s audience
- Contract with freelancers to assist with workflow when necessary
- Assist in creating long-term messages and graphic design concepts and themes based on the key messages and the university mission
- Oversee marketing and promotional video projects as well as approve university videos for other departments
- Carry out other marketing and public relations initiatives as necessary
- Perform special assignments as requested
- A thorough knowledge of graphic design, web design, and printing processes, as well as communication theory, ethics and practice.
- Up-to-date technical skills required, with Mac OS X familiarity and expertise in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to work under pressure in fast paced, deadline-driven office and to work in collaboration with faculty, staff, students, and external public.
- Writing and editing skills are important. Attention to detail is a must.