Project and Planning Manager
As the central project coordinator and chief client liaison, the project and planning manager is a key member of the creative team responsible for shaping the marketing and communications strategy for Southern Adventist University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Function as project manager and lead point of contact for Marketing and University Relations. Facilitate and efficiently coordinate the completion of print and web projects. Juggle workflow as projects and priorities shift. Assure completeness of job information, consider department workloads, and proactively communicate job status information.
- Ensure that internal and external deadlines are met. Maintain strong communication so that the necessary people have the opportunity to control the quality of the project. Coordinate collection and creation of all project-related content according to timeline, including copy, photography, artwork, and mailing lists. Writes and edits copy as necessary to meet goals of project.
- Conduct initial analysis of client’s marketing goals and objectives.
- Create plan and develop strategy to accomplish desired results in consultation with creative team members. Develop and oversee project budgets with client and department director.
- Contract with freelancers to assist with workflow as needed.
- Update project management and tracking system as project phases are assigned and completed (may assist with project management system implementation).
- Ensure integrated university message concepts and themes as well as branding standards in each project.
- Develop marketing plans for special initiatives, including a situation analysis, SWOT, target market assessment, marketing objectives and goals, strategy, tactics, and control.
- Participate in research and evaluation of public relations and marketing initiatives.
- Evaluate and refine existing workflow processes, as necessary, to ensure best practices.
- Implement special projects and promotions as assigned.
- Perform all other reasonable business-related functions as assigned.
- Superior skills in customer service and problem solving
- Ability to prioritize, assign, and juggle projects to ensure smooth, on-time workflow
- Savvy to create and oversee production schedules and budgets
- A thorough knowledge of marketing strategy and practice
- Personality to work with multiple teams and act as a respected gatekeeper
- Ability to work under pressure in collaboration with faculty, staff, students, freelancers, vendors, and external publics
- A meticulous eye for detail, a knack for implementing organization and maximizing efficiencies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Three years experience in strategy, project coordination, and client relations