Master's/Doctoral Application to Graduate

Master's or Doctoral Degree

Please fill in all of the required blanks of the form below. After it has been completed, click the submit button to send it to Records and Advisement.

1. Contact Information

2. I plan to graduate in:

*Students completing graduation requirements in the summer are eligible to participate in the December graduation ceremonies. Your degree will be awarded the last day of the month in which we have confirmation from your School that all your requirements are complete.
3. I will be present at the graduation ceremony:
4. Official Diploma Name:

Please type your full legal name exactly as you want it to appear on your diploma and in the graduation program.) Note: Nicknames and names not included on your permanent Southern record are not acceptable. If you need to change your legal name, please fill out the Request for Legal Name Change at and provide a photocopy of the appropriate legal documentation.

The following documents must be on file in Records and Advisement in Wright Hall prior to graduation.

  • Final, official undergraduate transcript(s)
  • GMAT & GRE scores (if required)
  • Grade changes from previous semester(s)
    • Incomplete Grades
    • In Progress Grades
    • Not Reported Grades
  • Transcript(s) for transfer/off-campus work

Deadlines for the Application to Graduate are listed in the current school calendar.

  • If you are planning to participate in the graduation ceremonies, you must order regalia at See the Graduate Handbook and Planner for dates to order (ending dates to order are generally six weeks prior to graduation).