For the fifth year, students at Southern will not only join others in a small group to pray and study the Bible together, but will get Residence Hall worship attendance credits for doing so. The Campus Ministries LifeGroup initiative provides the resources to facilitate dynamic discipleship. seventy LifeGroups are in full operation this semester at Southern.
Events: Membership recruitment on campus is called GroupLink and it will take place again Friday night, January 10, 2014 after Vespers in Iles Gymnasium. An Orientation for Southern's student leaders, assistant leaders and hosts for LifeGroups will be featured January 11 at 1 p.m. in the Presidential Banquet Room of the Cafeteria. Pastor Dave Kennedy, speaker for Vespers January 10, will facilitate in the Orientation Sabbath afternoon. If you would still like to lead or join a LifeGroup call 423-236-2787 or email to register.
Get Involved: Decide to lead, assist, or join a small group Bible or prayer group to maximize your spiritual development. For more information, send a message.
Learn From Coaches: Twenty students are available to show you how to lead a LifeGroup. To discover more about LifeGroup leadership and coaching, call 423.236.2787 or use email.
LifeGroups Director /
"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." - Hebrews 10:24-25, NIV
Groups that register as LifeGroups get the advantage of:
(1) Regular training of their leaders. This means that discussions will be enriched.
(2) Access to the LifeGroup Resource Library in Campus Ministries. This means that the group's content will include some of the newest materials available for small group ministry.
(3) Worship Attendance Credits for those who live in the Residence Hallls at Southern. This means that you will reach both your spiritual goals and Student Services totals sooner.
A LifeGroup Leader is any currently enrolled student who enjoys a good conversation about God. They are volunteers who have attended training events and are responsible for maintaining the group through Bible Study, prayer, collecting ideas, formulating them into a plan, following through on that plan and keeping accurate records.
A LifeGroup Coach is a student employee of the Campus Ministries office at Southern. Coaches not only lead their own LifeGroup, but monitor the development of two or three volunteer LifeGroup Leaders. They pray for them, assist them in any group issues that arise and direct them to effective skills and tools for the success of the LifeGroup that they lead.
10. Mabel Wood Hall 3rd Floor Lobby (no reservation-first come first served)
9. Hackman Hall Conference Room (1st floor Southeast corner-Reserve at School of Religion Office)
8. Collegedale SDA Church Library (Near the Church Office on Main Floor-Reserve at Collegedale Church Office)
7. Thatcher South T.V. Room (1st floor of Thatcher South-reserve at Thatcher South Desk)
6. Improv (Between the Village Market and the US Post Office-Reserve at Village Market)
5. The Robert Merchant Room (in the Student Services area of the Student Center-reserve at Student Services)
4. McKee Library Study rooms (Reserve at the library desk).
3. The O.E. Grundset Room (near the elevator in the Student Center-reserve at Student Services).
2. The Norton Seminar Room (in Campus Ministries-reserve with C.M. Receptionists)
1. The Student Center Conference Room (near Campus Ministries-reserve at Student Services).
Like our Facebook page: LifeGroups