The two-story administration building was built in 1893. After a dormitory burned in 1915, the decision was made to move the campus to a location with more room for expansion.
The original administration building on the Collegedale campus.
A busy noon hour in the 1940s finds students walking along the area where the K.R. Davis Promenade now links campus buildings. At that time, a road paralleled the walkway. Old Talge Hall, Lynn Wood Hall, and Jones Hall are seen to the right of the flagpole.
The tree-lined street passing through the campus was located west of the present University Drive. If it still existed where it was, the residence halls would be to the right or east of it.
Since this photo was taken, the look of the sanctuary has changed considerably with the addition of the Anton Heiller Memorial Organ, dedicated in April 1986.