Living and Learning Our Adventist Heritage: A Mission-Driven Environment
The Southern community identified the following strategic imperatives related to this theme:
- We will encourage a steadfast commitment to the beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- We will inspire a passion for missions and service.
- We will emphasize healthy living and wellness.
- We will focus on the biblical account of creation.
Missions and Service
Goal 1: Build extracurricular and curricular programs to increase student and employee
service opportunities, and civic engagement.
Missions and Evangelism Committee: Greg King, chair
- Every student a missionary (servant leader)
- Increase number of short-term mission trips, for employees, students, and alumni
- Increase number of service-learning opportunities
Health and Wellness
Goal 2: Use health and wellness curricular and physical assets to bring wellness to
the campus and the community.
- New: Regional wellness summit held on campus annually
Quality Enhancement Plan: initiative to increase student physical activity and wellness
Goal 3: Strengthen our focus on the biblical account of creation.
Creation Committee: Keith Snyder, Chair
- Origins Exhibit in Hickman Hall
- Creation curricular support for elementary and secondary schools
- Implement vision for Origins Institute and Origins website with resources for public