Most biology majors are on a pre-professional track (medical or dental), and the coursework is designed to prepare students for graduate entrance exams (MCAT, DAT, and GRE). A major in biology also prepares students for pursuing careers in research, laboratory assisting, teaching, and other specialties.
The study of biology constitutes an exciting and important field of scientific investigation, since it provides a better understanding of ourselves and the living things around us.
Even the casual observer of biology who pauses long enough to take a course may derive a lifetime of pleasure and fulfillment from a hobby such as bird watching, shell collecting, or wildflower photography.
- B.A. Biology (Chemistry minor)
- B.A. Biology (7-12 teacher certification)
- BS Biology--Research emphais
- BS Biology—Biomedical emphasis
- Minor in Biology
We offer a BS degree in medical laboratory science, a two-year and three-year AS degree that prepare students for entrance into clinical programs at Loma Linda University, Andrews University, or other institutions.
Allied Health Degrees
- BS Medical Laboratory Science
- AS Allied Health Pre-Dental Hygiene
- AS Allied Health Pre-Nutrition and Dietetics
- AS Allied Health Pre-Physical Therapy
- AS Allied Health Pre-Speech Language Pathology and Audiology
- AS Physical Therapy Assistant
- Prerequisites for occupational therapy assistant
- Prerequisites for physical therapy assistant
- Prerequisites for radiation technology
- Prerequisites for respiratory therapy