Beyond the Bottom Line
This conference is designed to enrich your professional experience and instill a desire to go Beyond the Bottom Line and reach for excellence. We provide denominational leaders with an opportunity for continued professional growth and peer-to-peer networking in a collegial environment rich with content to motivate, challenge, and inspire attendees. Beyond the bottom line and corporate sponsorship resources. NASBA Policy Statements.
2019 Beyond The Bottom Line
Event registration is done through Advent Source. The early-bird fee for attendees ends February 14, 2019. Our theme for this year is Crafting Culture: Pursuing God's Call to Healthy Workplaces.
Keynote and featured plenary speakers to include:
- Kevin McCarthy, dynamic inspirational speaker, trainer, and coach. After a "great" opportunity blindsided him with a prison sentence he did not see coming, he authored the bestselling book, "Blind Spots: Why Good People Make Bad Choices.”
- Kay Frances, a motivational humorist, has shared her message to "lighten up, stress less, and take care of ourselves" for over thirty years. She is the author of, "The Funny Thing About Stress: A Seriously Humorous Guide to a Happier Life.”
- Tom Melzoni, known for his creativity in motivating and inspiring others, remains convinced that all Christians want to give, but their native understanding of lifestyle approaches to giving are limited. His core belief is that "giving is what God wants for us, not from us."
Seminar topics to include:
- Stress management
- Managing modern academies
- HR CEO relationships
- Fraud case study
- Customer service
- Crisis communication
- Maintaining tax exempt status
- Denominational culture shock/Transitioning to denominational employment
- Local church and school reviews
- Best practices for the business office
|Best Practices Business Office||Brittany Thorpe||Your Money or Your Life||Jon Paulien|
|Management of Modern Academy||Greg Gerard||BBL Fraud 2019||Karnik Doukmetzian|
|How God Talks to Business People||Jon Paulien||Understanding Cultural Dynamics||Lowell Cooper|
|Mid-Point Career Change||Michael Kruger||Churches-Tax Status||Jon Paulien|
|Beyond the Bottom Line||Tom Melzoni|
This professional initiative is operating as a collaboration of an academic institution, currently Southern Adventist University's Institute of Ethical Leadership, with the North American Division Treasury.
Continuing Education Credits
The Institute of Ethical Leadership is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
National Registry of CPE Sponsors Identification # 133967