This concentration is intended for students who are planning on advanced study in the field of English or other related areas.
The English Department carefully selects required courses for this concentration that best fit the career goals of a future graduate student.
- ELIT 214 - Survey of American Literature
- ELIT 215 - Survey of English Literature
- ELIT 216 - Approaches to Literature
- ELIT 445 - Ancient Classics
- ELIT 463 - Literary Criticism
- ELIT 490 - Capstone
- ENGL 150 - English Major Qualification
- ENGL 317 - Introduction to Linguistics
- ENGL 460 - Senior Research Project
- ENGL 202 - Grammar and Its Consequences
- ENGL 307 - Creative Writing; OR ENGL 308 - Creative Writing: Poetry; OR ENGL 313 - Expository Writing
- HMNT 205 - Arts and Ideas
- HIST 374 - History of England
- Intermediate Foreign Language
The department allows you to select and add to your major four other courses from among our many offerings. Your choices will be determined by your interests and the availability of specific courses. Most English courses are offered once every other year. Your adviser will be happy to explore your options with you.