The Media Department offers DVDs, CDs, videotapes, and laser video discs as well as streaming media. It is also responsible for providing the equipment on which the various types of media can be used in the library.
The media librarian and student assistants:
- aid patrons in selecting and viewing varied media programs
- develop and maintain video collection
- record off-air programs
- convert video standards
- duplicate audio and videotapes
To access information about video titles in our collection, search the catalog by selecting Media on the Books and Media tab.
Video checkout information:
- Students, instructors or their readers may checkout videotapes and DVDs. The student reader must have the instructor's Campus Card or the instructor may call 423.236.2810 to authorize the checkout.
- Tapes and DVDs may be borrowed by an instructor for one week. It is possible to extend the loan time at checkout.
- Faculty may checkout up to 5 media items at one time. Students may checkout 2 media items at one time. Community members may watch media items only in the library.
- Materials must be returned promptly by courier (not through interoffice mail).
In-library video use:
- Patrons may view media items on equipment located in the Media Department on the second floor of the library or in one of the study rooms.
- Student use of green sticker-labeled DVDs must take place in the library.