The Media Department offers DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs, videotapes, and laser video discs as well as streaming media. It is also responsible for providing the equipment on which the various types of media can be used in the library.
The media librarian and student assistants:
- aid patrons in selecting and viewing varied media programs
- develop and maintain video collection
- record off-air programs
- convert video standards
- duplicate audio and videotapes for faculty members for class use
To access information about video titles in our collection, search the catalog on the library's homepage .
Video checkout information:
- Media items may be borrowed for one week. It is possible to renew materials once through the catalog or by calling the circulation desk at 423.236.2788.
- Materials must be returned in person, not through the book drop.
In-library video use:
- Patrons may view media items on equipment located in the Media Department on the second floor of the library or in one of the study rooms.
- Student use of green sticker-labeled DVDs must take place in the library.