BSW Program Director
Fall 2018 Schedule
|8am||O (8:30)||O (8:30)|
|9am||O||O (till 9:30)||O||O (till 9:30)|
|10am||O||C (till 10:45)||O||C (till 10:45)|
O=Office Hours M=Meeting C=Class
Please email to secure an appointment or to inquire about other available times.
Click here to see Professor Heck's adviser biography.
Doctor of Social Work in Clinical Practice and Leadership, 2015
University of Tennessee
Master of Social Work, 2003
Bachelor of Social Work, 2001
Southern Adventist University
Prior to teaching at Southern, Heck spent five years in school settings providing individual, group, and family therapy. She had the opportunity to coordinate a community-wide initiative for at-risk children for the public school district of Orange County, Florida. Heck has also worked in a mental health facility and provided in-home counseling.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Children and families in school-based settings
Random facts about me:
- Since 2008, I have had the joy and bliss of being married to my sweet love and best friend, Adam, who teaches math here at Southern. Together we relish in the blessing and adventure of parenting our two precious boys.
- I enjoy traveling, especially to beachfront locations.
- In addition to a jovial toddler and smiley infant, we have two furry children (Australian Shepherd dogs).
- Jesus is my rock and ultimate love. I am amazed each day by His love, goodness and mercy. I hope to share a view of His character to those around me.
FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT SOUTHERN ADVENTIST UNIVERSITY
- I enjoy the opportunity to connect with students and support their academic endeavors while pointing them to Christ.
- My colleagues. It's a great team and I am glad to be a part of it.
- Mountains and having four seasons. Coming from Florida, I didn't have either and missed them both.
YOU MIGHT BE SURPRISED TO KNOW...
In my past, I have had a bit of an adventure streak by sky-diving and scuba diving. It's neat to see the world from those two views!