New York Study Tour
The purpose of the study tour is to develop a sensitivity to issues and problems facing
selected subcultures, gain an appreciation for human diversity, study the minority
experience, develop an awareness of ethnocentric tendencies, observe urban dynamics
and social problems, and study social agency functions.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Study the issues and problems facing selected subcultures.
- Study attitudes of the host culture toward minority groups and to look at patterns of intergroup relations.
- Study urban dynamics.
- Study contemporary social problems.
- Study social agency structures and functions.
- Study the role of the Seventh-day Adventist church in large urban settings.
- Be a New Yorker for one week!
Students participate in a walking tour of Harlem.