New York City Study Tour
The purpose of the study tour is to: develop a sensitivity to issues and problems
facing selected subcultures, gain an appreciation for human diversity, study the minority
experience, develop an awareness of ethnocentric tendencies, observe urban dynamics
and social problems, study social agency functions, and provide an opportunity for
Students enjoy Times Square.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Study the issues and problems facing selected subcultures.
- Study attitudes of the host culture toward minority groups and to look at patterns of intergroup relations.
- Study urban dynamics.
- Study contemporary social problems.
- Study social agency structures and functions.
- Study the role of the SDA church in large urban settings.
- Be a New Yorker for one week!