This Campus Ministries LifeGroup initiative provides students at Southern the opportunity to join together as friends and family for prayer, Bible study, and dynamic discipleship—experiencing authentic relationships with God and others. Each semester over 80 of these student-led small groups are available to students to join and also receive worship attendance credits for doing so.
We Want You!
Let's Partner Together
Nervous about leading a LifeGroup? Not sure if you can balance a small group and your academics? Twenty experienced students are here to help support you as you lead a LifeGroup. To discover more about LifeGroup leadership and coaching, call 423.236.2441 or email us.
"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." - Hebrews 10:24-25, NIV
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Most groups begin by the third week of the semester. Call the Campus Ministries office at extension 2787 or use email.
Groups that register as LifeGroups get the advantage of:
- Regular training of their leaders. This means that discussions will be enriched.
- Access to the LifeGroup Resource Library in Campus Ministries. This means that the group's content will include some of the newest materials available for small group ministry.
- Worship Attendance Credits for those who live in the Residence Halls at Southern. This means that you will reach both your spiritual goals and Student Services totals sooner.
A LifeGroup Coach is a student employee of the Campus Ministries office at Southern. Coaches not only lead their own LifeGroup, but monitor the development of two or three volunteer LifeGroup Leaders. They pray for them, assist them in any group issues that arise and direct them to effective skills and tools for the success of the LifeGroup that they lead.
- The Student Center Conference Room (near Campus Ministries—reserve at Student Services)
- The Norton Seminar Room (in Campus Ministries—reserve with C.M. Receptionists)
- The O.E. Grundset Room (near the elevator in the Student Center—reserve at Student Services)
- McKee Library Study rooms (reserve at the library desk)
- The Robert Merchant Room (in the Student Services area of the Student Center—reserve at Student Services)
- Improv (between the Village Market and the US Post Office—reserve at Village Market)
- Thatcher South T.V. Room (first floor of Thatcher South—reserve at Thatcher South Desk)
- Collegedale Church of Seventh-day Adventists Library (near the Church Office on Main Floor—reserve at Collegedale Church Office)
- Hackman Hall Conference Room (first floor Southeast corner—reserve at School of Religion Office)
- Mabel Wood Hall Third-Floor Lobby (no reservation-first come first served)