Current Mission Trips
Upcoming Mission Trips
Hurricane Harvey Relief Mission Trips:
Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring, and Summer Break trips are being planned. As more details develop, we will make that information public on this page.
- Bolivia: We are looking for volunteers who are passionate about serving children! Familia Feliz provides a home for vulnerable children living in Rurrenabaque. Southern's student missionaries will arrive at Familia Feliz more than six months before our team arrives for the spring break trip. We have done a variety of construction/maintenance projects, VBS programs, and education projects. This year's project is still being finalized but you can count on getting to know some amazing children and learning about how Familia Feliz is working to improve these children's lives long-term.
- Brazil: This trip is a great fit for nursing and pre-med students. We have a been sending short-term volunteers to assist Amazon Lifesavers with their medical mission trips for over five years. Amazon Lifesavers has an holistic mission to reach the people of the Amazon through health evangelism. To see what our team did last year, view this video made by one of the participants, Dustin Johnson.
- Navajo Nation: This is trip is our longest running domestic mission trip. Each spring break, a group leaves from Southern and drives to Farmington, New Mexico to serve alongside our brothers and sisters at La Vida Mission. We plan to lead a Week of Prayer for the students as well as lead out health education and construction projects.
- Nicaragua: Southern has a rich history of sending long-term student missionaries to Francia Sirpi, Nicaragua. We serve with the organization Tasba Raya to reach the local Miskito people. We work alongside local medical professionals to provide vital health screenings and treatment to those who have limited access to medical care. We are also looking for auto mechanics majors to help service the mission's vehicles.
- Peru: Volunteers on the Peru trip will work with long-term student missionaries and staff of AMOR Projects. This organization brings medical, dental, educational, and spiritual health to the people of Pucallpa, Peru. Pre-dent and pre-med students looking to assist with health education and shadow medical professionals are needed to serve here.