Apply for Housing

Commitment deposits are required and held as a housing deposit for all students wishing to live in university housing.

After a student is accepted by Southern, a $250 commitment deposit must be paid to reserve a room. Commitment deposits are held in reserve until the student graduates and/or permanently moves out of university housing. Deposits can be paid to the cashier in Wright Hall or by phone at 1-800-SOUTHERN.

Students must complete the housing application at the Residence Life website.

Commitment Deposit Refunds

Deposits are refunded to those who have checked out and are not returning to the residence halls for the following semester. Students who fail to properly check out of the residence halls forfeit a portion of the deposit. Should you have an outstanding balance with the university, your deposit will be applied to your account. 

If you would like to request to refund of your commitment deposit, please email us at