Interactive Development Manager
The Interactive Development Manager works alongside the eCommunications Manager to create and program compelling content for the Southern Adventist University website. The individual is also a key member of the creative team that oversees all marketing and communication activities for Southern Adventist University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Writes and edits compelling web content and proofreads or supervises proofreading of all websites created by the university for the public.
- Programs and assists other departments in programming up-to-date, changing, well-crafted, high-quality university websites that successfully incorporate Southern’s key messages and branding.
- Partners with the eCommunications Manager in refining the overall look and feel of the university website and shape its strategic development and creative direction.
- Evaluates and implements innovative, creative ideas and technologies for the university website, social networking websites, and other interactive media.
- Partners with the eCommunications Manager in maintaining the university visual identity system on Southern’s website, and to assist departments with the application of the corporate visual identity in the university CMS.
- Coordinates web improvements and maintenance with Information Technology. Conducts usability testing as needed.
- Evaluates and refines existing web workflow processes, as necessary, to ensure best practices.
- Contracts with freelancers to assist with workflow when necessary .
- Participates in Web Oversight Committee meetings.
- Performs all other reasonable business-related functions as assigned.
- A talent and passion for writing and editing.
- Skill and experience in web programming.
- A knowledge of communication theory, ethics, and practice.
- Up-to-date technical skills required, with Mac OS X experience.
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to work under pressure in fast-paced, deadline-driven office and to work in collaboration with faculty, staff, students, and external public.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.