Interactive Development Manager
The Interactive Development Manager works to create and program compelling content and features for the Southern Adventist University website. The individual is also a key member of the creative team that oversees all marketing and communication activities for Southern Adventist University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops compelling features and content for the university website.
- Supports departmental web editors in keeping university websites up to date.
- Develops up-to-date, dynamic, mobile-friendly, high-quality university websites that successfully incorporate Southern’s key messages and branding.
- Works to refine the overall look and feel of the university website and shape its strategic development and creative direction.
- Evaluates and implements innovative, creative ideas and technologies for the university website, social networking websites, and other interactive media.
- Partners with the departmental web editors in maintaining the university visual identity system on Southern’s website, and to assist departments with the application of the corporate visual identity in the university CMS.
- Coordinates web improvements and maintenance with Information Technology. Conducts usability testing as needed.
- Evaluates and refines existing web workflow processes, as necessary, to ensure best practices.
- Contracts with freelancers to assist with workflow when necessary .
- Performs all other reasonable business-related functions as assigned.
- Skill and experience in website development and programming.
- A knowledge of communication theory, ethics, and practice.
- Up-to-date technical skills required, with Mac OS X experience.
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to work under pressure in fast-paced, deadline-driven office and to work in collaboration with faculty, staff, students, and external public.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.