Interactive Development Manager
The Interactive Development Manager works to create and program compelling content and features for the Southern Adventist University website. The individual is also a key member of the creative team that oversees all marketing and communication activities for Southern Adventist University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops compelling features and content for the university website.
- Supports departmental web editors in keeping university websites up to date.
- Develops up-to-date, dynamic, mobile-friendly, high-quality university websites that successfully incorporate Southern’s key messages and branding.
- Works to refine the overall look and feel of the university website and shape its strategic development and creative direction.
- Evaluates and implements innovative, creative ideas and technologies for the university website, social networking websites, and other interactive media.
- Partners with the departmental web editors in maintaining the university visual identity system on Southern’s website.
- Coordinates web improvements and maintenance with Information Technology. Conducts usability testing as needed.
- Evaluates and refines existing web workflow processes, as necessary, to ensure best practices.
- Contracts with freelancers to assist with workflow when necessary .
- Performs all other reasonable business-related functions as assigned.
- Skill and experience in website development and programming.
- A knowledge of communication theory, ethics, and practice.
- Up-to-date technical skills required, with Mac OS X experience.
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to work under pressure in fast-paced, deadline-driven office and to work in collaboration with faculty, staff, students, and external public.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.