There is no overall maximum dollar limit on the policy. MyAccount allows insured students with either an Injury (only) Policy and/or Health (sickness) Insurance Policy to access the following: claim status, network providers, print ID cards, enter accident details, and view Explanation of Benefits.
- Benefits are payable up to 80 percent of Preferred Allowance for Covered Medical Expenses with a $50 deductible for each injury or sickness. Out of Network benefits are payable at 60 percent of Usual and Customary charges for Covered Medical Expenses with a $300 deductible for each injury or sickness. If using the University Health Center, no deductible is required. The deductible for referrals will be reduced to $25 per injury or sickness. View the entire policy or a summary for more details.
- Prescription drug benefits: (Up to a 31-day supply per prescription when filled at a UHC Network Pharmacy)
$10 Copay for Tier 1
$25 Copay for Tier 2
$40 Copay for Tier 3
Out of Pocket Maximum for Preferred Providers—$3,500 per insured person, per policy year and $7,000 for all insureds in a family, per policy year
Coverage is available for eligible dependents.
- Pediatric Dental and Vision Benefits are available to age 19.
- Mobile app in Google Play and Apple store—download UHCSR.
OTHER HELPFUL BENEFITS TO CONSIDER
- Collegiate Assistance Program (NurseLine)—Insureds have immediate access to nurse advice, a health information library, and counseling support 24 hours a day by calling the toll-free number listed on their medical ID card. NurseLine is staffed by both English and Spanish speaking Registered Nurses who can provide health information, support, and guidance on when to seek medical care. The Student Assistance Program coordinates services using a network of resources. Services available include financial and legal advice, as well as mediation. Counseling is also available by Licensed Clinicians who can provide insureds with someone to talk to when everyday issues become overwhelming. Translation services are available in over 170 languages for most services.
- Global Emergency Services—This program provides immediate access to doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, and certain other services when faced with a travel or medical emergency while traveling. Domestic students are covered worldwide when 100 miles or more away from their campus or home address or while participating in a Study Abroad program. International students are covered worldwide except in their home country.
- Live And Work Well—Enhance your positive mental health, resiliency and work/life balance! Provides confidential access to professional care, self-help programs, interactive tools and educational resources to help with life's changes and challenges. You can take risk assessments and health estimators to calculate things like target heart rate, BMI, and more.
- United Health Allies—Discount program (included with both policies) provides a savings of 5 percent to 50 percent on select services. The UnitedHealth Allies program is not insurance.
- Annual eye exams, eyeglasses and contact lenses, even LASIK surgery
- Dental checkups and routine treatment, cosmetic dentistry (including teeth whitening) and orthodontics
- Sports apparel and equipment from name brands like Danskin, Gaiam, Polar, Sierra Trading Post and others
- Books and other media, including textbooks from publisher McGraw Hill Professional
- Fitness club memberships including select Anytime Fitness, Bally Total Fitness, Curves, Gold's Gym, and Snap Fitness locations
- Chiropractic care, acupuncture and massage therapy
- Weight loss, smoking cessation
- Hearing devices
- Home health care and other long-term care services and more