Student Support Team
The Student Support Team offers helpful resources to all students who strive to make the most of their college experience. The team implements timely intervention for students facing circumstances that may impede their academic success. This is accomplished through personalized, one-on-one meeting with a specially trained manager. Topics include:
- How I Learn
- Get Organized
- Ace My Tests
- Reduce My Stress
- Overcoming Anxiety
Schedule an appointment with one of our Student Support Managers today!
The Student Support Team Process
- The Student Support Team (SST) receives referrals from anyone (faculty, staff, dean, adviser, employers, students, parents, etc.).
- Referrals can be made by: filling out the referral form online, calling Retention Services at 423.236.2838, or by email.
- Referral is assigned to a Student Support Manager (SSM).
- Referral source is notified that their referral has been received and processed.
- SSM will contact the referred student to offer services.
- Contact attempts are made by phone, email, text, and with assistance from residence hall deans.
- Outcomes of student intervention are reported to the referral source, professors, academic adviser, SST, parents (if applicable), and Academic Review Committee.
3. Case Management
- JumpStart, University Enrichment, and academic probation students are automatically referred to the SST.
- SSM gathers information from professors by sending Academic Progress Report survey link.
- SSM assesses the student's well being and reviews grades along with academic progress at each meeting.
- SSM meets with students on a regular basis to develop a personalized action plan.
- Let’s Chat Drop-in Consultation is provided at various times and locations for all students, and specifically for students who prefer not to participate in the process listed above.
- Every effort will be made to connect with students who have been referred to the SST, however, we respect the student’s right to refuse services.