After you're accepted


All graduate degrees

You'll need a Campus Card

Get your Southern ID card at the Campus Card Desk (second floor of Wright Hall below the Dining Hall).

Phone 423.236.2707

Monday to Thursday
8 a.m - 5 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.


Visit the Campus Shop (near the Village Market) or order online from the Campus Shop.


The Human Resources office provides information about employment opportunities on and off campus. You may email or call 423.236.2276.

Graduate counselors can help

Your graduate enrollment counselor is ready to answer questions as you prepare to enroll at Southern.

Business Teshia Price, 423.236.2751
Computer Science Tyson Hall, 423.236.2916
Education and Psychology Mikhaile Spence, 423.236.2496
Global Community Development Lisa Hess, 423.236.2070
Nursing Jamie Thompson, 423.236.2957
Religion Edwin Reynolds, 423.236.2989
Social Work Tricia Foster, 423.236.2629


We have many housing options for graduate students and families. The housing website provides information and an excellent listing of available options.
Visit the housing website »

In the summer, housing in Spalding Cove and Southern Village apartments is usually available to graduate students. For availability, email or call 423.236.2566.

Immunization proof

Before you enroll, proof of vaccinations must be submitted to the University Health Center. If you have questions, you may call the UHC at 423.236.2713.
View immunization requirements »


Graduate students may purchase accident, health, and injury insurance through our Risk Management office. More information is available on the Risk Management website or by calling 423.236.2266.

Registration for classes

Register online at For technical support, call 1.888.309.2471.

Students must register for coursework no later than the beginning of the second week of classes. If you need assistance, you may call the Graduate and Professional Studies office at 423.236.2694.

Vehicle registration

Apply for your parking permit on the Parking Registration page »