Skip to main content

Getting a Driver's License

Although you are permitted to have your current international driver's license for six months upon entering the United States, you must must also obtain a Tennessee driver's license if you plan on driving in the United States during the time of your studies. State law requires a Tennessee driver's license after 30 days of living in Tennessee.

What Do I Need in Order to Apply?

  • Valid I-20 Form
  • Passport
  • I-94 Form
  • School ID
  • 2 proofs of residence (bank statement, cell phone bill, communication from the school, or housing contract)
  • Letter from the International Student Adviser confirming your enrollment as a student at Southern Adventist University

What Do I Need to Know?

 Comprehensive Driver License Manual

Where Do I Go?

Department of Transportation
6502 Bonny Oaks Dr., Chattanooga, TN 37416