These instructions show you how to change the destination folder for incoming email. Using this
example, you'll be able to set other preferences for the way email is delivered to your inbox.
1. Getting Started
Open Outlook Web Access Premium (available only through Microsoft Internet Explorer).
Disable popup blockers for the site: webmail.southern.edu
With this rule, any email coming from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org will be placed in a separate folder named antispam.
Go to https://webmail.southern.edu
2. Select Options from the top right corner.
3. Select Rules from the left panel.
4. Click New Rule.
You have several options. For this example, use Move messages from someone to a folder.
5. Compatibility With Outlook
If the Compatibility With Outlook dialog box appears, choose Delete Disabled Rules.
6. Rule Description
Under Rule Description, click people or distribution lists, then type the email address in the From field, and Click OK.
To choose the folder where the email will go, click the Specified link.
7. Choose or Create a Folder
Choose the folder where the email will go or select Create a New Folder.
8. Check the final screen for accuracy.
All email coming from the email address email@example.com will be placed in the folder you have chosen. This same method can be used for any email address and for separate folders.
Working with Rules to Manage Email
In some situations, users may prefer change the way email is delivered/processed. These instructions provide general instructions to add rules within Outlook Web Access as well as an example for changing the destination folder of incoming emails. With this rule, any email coming from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org will be placed in a separate folder named antispam.
Note: This procedure requires Outlook Web Access (OWA) Premium – only available through Microsoft Internet Explorer. You will need to disable any popup blockers for the site webmail.southern.edu
1. Browse to https://webmail.southern.edu
2. Select "Options" from the top right corner.
3. Select "Rules" from the pane of options on the left side.
4. Click "New Rule". This will provide you with many different options. For this tutorial we will use the “Move messages from someone to a folder” option.
5. If the "Compatibility with Outlook" dialog appears, choose "Delete Disabled Rules."
6.Under the section Rule Description, click on “people or distribution lists”.
8. Type the email address in the bottom window of the popup window and click "OK"
10. Now click on “specified”.
11. A. Now click on a folder you would like the emails to go to, or create a new folder.
B. Click on Ok.
12. The end result should look similar to the following.
13. Lastly, click "Save" to apply this rule. You have now successfully created an email rule. All email coming from the email address email@example.com will be placed in the folder you have chosen. This same method can be used for any email address and separate folders.