Academic Power Tools (APT) is a program designed for university students that focuses on teaching the skills necessary for a successful transition from high school to university life. APT will provide students with knowledge and study skills that will assist them in becoming effective, interdependent learners and thinkers who successfully accomplish the task of being a college student.
1. Identify major strengths and weaknesses, abilities, and interests, from the perspective of multiple intelligence and personal profile assessments.
2. Develop and strengthen essential academic skills: college reading and study strategies, note taking, memory management, test-taking skills, problem solving, critical thinking, and time management.
3. Identify personal values, needs, attitudes, and goals.
4. Introduce students to campus facilities and resources.
5. Develop skills to become a life-long learner.
Learn more about topics covered in Academic Power tools like active learning, from high school to college, making lectures meaningful and taking class notes further here.