Information and Policies: Photocopying and Printing
The cost of black & white printing is 6 cents, color printing is 29 cents, and photocopies are 10 cents per page. Patrons may scan to email for free.
In order to photocopy or print, student patrons must swipe their ID card through the scanner by the copier or printer. Students must add money to their card at the Information Systems Campus Card Desk in Herin Hall, or go online to the Meal & Prepaid Plan page under General Shopping (this method takes 24 hours to activate), to pay for copies and printouts. The price of the copy is subtracted from the total on the card for each page. The library does not accept cash under any circumstances. Please do not ask.
Faculty must use their personal ID card to make copies. We no longer accept departmental charges.
Community members with library cards will be requested to put money on their cards at the Information Systems Campus Card Desk in Herin Hall.
The Library will assist visitors in making copies on request. Photocopying is limited to library resources and there is a maximum of fifty copies. Please see the Circulation desk or Periodicals desk for assistance.
Southern faculty/staff/student patrons can print documents wirelessly from their laptops or from laptops checked out at the library Circulation desk. Patrons must have a valid Southern or Library Community ID card with available funds.
McKee Library laptops already have the software installed, so they can print to the printer in the Periodicals area of the library without further setup.
Smartphones & Tablets
Users of iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Kindle, and Nook can install an app to print.
Users can use this link to print. NOTE: It may take up to 10 minutes for your print job to be processed and appear on the print station.
Windows Computers & Tablets
- Download and run this program.
- Follow the prompts to finish the installer.
- Find the icon on your desktop called PrintWhere Printer Manager. Click on it, then click on the Search tab. (You can return to this screen at anytime by double-clicking the PrintWhere icon in your system tray. Many companies use PrintWhere's services including hotels across the globe.)
- Type sau/webprint in the Keywords box and click the Search button. The Library's two print queues will be displayed. Click the one you want to use then click the OK button at the bottom right.
- Click the Select button in the next window and it will setup the printer on your computer. Whenever you print to the PrintWhere printer on your computer, it will be sent to the printer you have selected in the PrintWhere Printer Manager screen.