A college degree in mathematics can lead to a variety of opportunities and careers
because the analytical thinking skills developed through the study of math are useful
in many other areas of work and study.
Learn more about career opportunities in mathematics.
Why Study Math at Southern?
- We have great students. You will enjoy studying, working, and playing together.
- We have an active Math Club that organizes many fun activities.
- We have professors who are dedicated to excellence in teaching and helping you succeed.
- We have job opportunities for math tutors and readers.
- We have small class sizes.
- You can earn a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Mathematics.
- You can become certified to teach high school mathematics.
- You can earn a minor in mathematics.
- You can take math courses that support other fields of interest, like computing and
In harmony with Southern Adventist University's Christian environment, the Mathematics Department seeks to provide students with mathematical skills and concepts appropriate to their chosen field of study and to prepare mathematics majors and minors for distinguished professional performance in mathematics or other fields that require a strong mathematical background.
We invite you to visit our department and talk with our faculty about how we can help you find an exciting and rewarding future. Contact us at:
Kevin Brown, Department Chair