Covenant of Care
The health and safety of our campus community continues to be a high priority and
is at the center of all our COVID-19 response planning. While the university has opened
the campus to in-person learning (considering local, state, and federal mandates and
the advice of the Centers for Disease Control), it is through personal agreement and
mutual accountability to the established safety protocols that members of the Southern
community protect each other. Mindful attention to your own actions for the safety
of others is one way we can all work together to fulfill the vision of our institution
to model the love of Jesus in every interaction.
SOUTHERN ADVENTIST UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES AND STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO:
1. Review the guidance available in the COVID-19 Policy and Procedures document.
2. Monitor their official Southern email accounts for changes to processes and policies as guidelines set forth by government authorities continue to evolve.
3. Model safe behaviors by meeting or exceeding the protective measures communicated through campus personnel, campus email, campus signage, and all policy documents.
4. Hold others in the community personally accountable for following the safety guidance given by the university. This includes addressing those who are not:
- wearing a face mask
- displaying a wristband from the daily health assessment
- adhering to proper physical distancing
- complying with other COVID-19 safety protocols
5. Treat others on campus with kindness and courtesy at all times.
By being a part of the Southern community, an individual indicates the following:
- I have read the campus COVID-19 guidelines.
- I accept and agree to follow the Covenant of Care.
- I understand that no organization can absolutely eliminate the risks associated with COVID-19 and other infectious diseases. All individuals must take full responsibility for their actions.
- I understand that guidelines may continue to change as the nature of the pandemic and guidance from authorities continues to evolve.
- I agree to report to the University Health Center if I develop symptoms or learn that I have a reason to be quarantined.
Visit southern.edu/covid19policy for more information.