For all Visitors
Southern values the privacy of our website visitors. To facilitate website efficacy, Southern may at times use techniques to monitor website visitor traffic patterns and interests. Southern does not sell this or any website user information to third-party agencies.
- The purpose of the Southern Adventist University website is to support and enhance the educational mission of the university.
- All content posted by Southern Adventist University personnel on official pages of the Southern Adventist University website are protected by copyright, including text and images. Use of images and text from Southern’s website requires permission from Marketing and University Relations.
- The Southern Adventist University name, seal, logo, and other official images are property of the university, and may not be used without permission of Marketing and University Relations. University employees must refer to and comply with the Visual Identity Standards Guide. In order to reinforce a strong and unified visual identity for the university, web developers for university pages are expected to follow the Southern Adventist University Style Guide. In addition, Southern Adventist University adheres to the latest edition of The AP Stylebook. Non-compliance may result in page alteration without notification.
- University-owned photographic images anywhere in the public portion of the Southern website may be used after receiving permission from Marketing and University Relations.
- Southern Adventist University students, faculty and staff members are expected to comply with the Southern Adventist University Acceptable Use Policy.
- The Southern Adventist University website contains links that allow visitors to access other websites that are not controlled by the university. Such links are provided as a convenience, and do not imply endorsement by the university. Southern Adventist University assumes no responsibility or liability for any material on these links, and expressly disclaims any responsibility for the contents of any linked site.
- Southern Adventist University reserves the right to refuse to offer a link on an official university web page, or to remove a link without notice.
- Visitors to the Southern Adventist University website may not post or transmit information or content that violate the rights of any third party; that contain known destructive or harmful components; that contain threatening, abusive, or obscene images or language; or that are otherwise illegal.
- The university reserves the right, without notice, to remove material or edit messages received from visitors to the website. Southern Adventist University expressly disclaims responsibility for materials submitted to the university or posted to discussion forums or comments, including contents of personal or unofficial web pages.
- Visitors to the Southern Adventist University website may not modify, delete or otherwise tamper with any information or materials on the website.
- Visitors to the Southern Adventist University website may not unlawfully use, reverse engineer or reproduce any of the software, copyrighted material, trade secrets or other proprietary information contained or used on the website.
- Southern Adventist University makes every effort to maintain the accuracy or completeness of the Southern Adventist University website. However, the site is provided "as is" without any warranty.
- Southern Adventist University may add, change, delete or update materials on the website without notice.
- The university does not guarantee that the website will be available continuously.
- Visitors may use the website, but by using it, release the university from all claims.
- The university reserves the right to change the web policy at any time without notice.
- Questions or concerns about Southern Adventist University web policies should be directed to the eCommunications Manager in Marketing and University Relations.
For departmental web publishers
- Southern Adventist University does not permit web posting of content that is illegal, that violates license rights or other contractual agreements, or that violates the privacy rights of any individual.
- Southern Adventist University reserves the right to reject or remove from any Southern Adventist University website content that is outdated, erroneous or misleading, illegal, unethical, or detrimental to the mission and operations of the university. In addition, content that detracts from the value of Southern's web presence may be altered or removed.