Student Job Board
Important: Southern participates in the government program E-verify. (more information|para información)
Southern Adventist University requires all students to visit the Human Resource Department to complete new hire paperwork after they have been hired, and before the start of the first day of work:
On Campus Student Positions
Office Manager's Assistant
Department: School of Visual Art and Design
Pay Rate: TBD
Description: General Office Duties Include but are not limited to: answer and direct phone calls when office manager is out, distribute mail and packages, send out emails for the department, maintain filing system, make folders. labels, and copies, do data entry for senior exit reviews. Design informational posters: convocations, parties, general announcements, and invitations. Run Errands: Wright Hall, Campus Shop, VM, WalMart, etc. Help With Gallery Receptions: set up, prepare food, serve, clean up. Clean and organize the food prep area. Clean the office, vacuum and dust. Keep the lobby clean. Help decorate for holidays and special events. Be available for department convos. Make pop corn and cotton candy for students and staff. Grade papers for the dean when necessary.
Qualifications: Professional appearance and behavior: honesty and confidentiality essential; ability to do accurate and detailed work is essential; office attire required; be self-motivated, punctual, have good interpersonal interaction skills - comfortable working with faculty, students, guest artists, and greeting visitors.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and proficient in InDesign and Photoshop.
Contact Name: Linda Brooks
Contact Phone: 423.236.2732
Other: Come to the SVAD office, Brock Hall 2006, and pick up an application
Hours: 8 hrs
Pay Rate: Depending on class standing
Description: In charge of the layout and design for the opinion, lifestyle, humor, and social media pages of the Accent.
Qualifications: Must be creative and excellent in In Design and Adobe Suites.
Contact: Natalia Perez
Student Support Assistant
Deparment: Student Success Center
Hours: Current semester: 4+ hours per week (possible evening hours); Winter 2018: 16-20 hours per week
- Participate in weekly Student Support Team meetings (if possible).
- Manage assigned caseload.
- Assess need for services and develop Individual Service Plan (ISP) with the student.
- Connect student(s) to appropriate services/resources.
- Monitor the student progress toward achieving goals identified in the ISP.
- Maintain up to date documentation/case notes.
- Assist with intervention programs for special populations.
- Senior student (Social Work or Psychology emphasis, preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service minded.
- Familiar with campus resources.
- Organized, self-starter, critical thinker.
- Work efficiently alone and with a team.
- Documentation of case notes.
- Leadership qualities.
- Ability to connect with students.
- Maintain integrity and confidentiality.
- Proficient with MS Office, with the ability to learn other programs
Contact Name: Regina Bailey
Office Phone: 423.236.2838
Other: Please send your resume to my email address.
Deparment: Landscape Services
Hours: Must be available to work at least a two-hour block per shift. Available shifts are:
- Mon - Thurs, 8 am - 12 pm and 1pm - 5pm and Fridays 8am - 12pm
Description: All landscape positions available
Qualifications: Enjoy the benefits of working outside. A knowledge of landscape work is a plus, but not a requirement. A good driving record is a plus.
Contact Name: Mark Antone
Office Phone: 423.236.2747
Description: If you are available for short-term, short-notice work, then Human Resources would like to speak with you.
Periodically, departments on campus have large projects that require extra help, either because the project comes in at the last minute or because it is a busy time of year and they need an extra person. While these projects will not turn into a part-time job, or last long, Human Resources would like to have a list of available workers on hand for the departments to contact. Students who are interested can sign up in Human Resources and be notified via email when a department has a job starting in a day or two and lasting no more than two weeks.
1) Sign up for the email list (and complete required paperwork) in Human Resources.
2) Check your email and respond to opportunities you’re interested in/available for/qualified to do.
3) Departments will fill their needs on a first-come, first-serve basis.
4) Jobs will start with little notice and last for no more than two weeks at a time.
This will not be a placement list, so signing up for this service will not find you a regular student job on campus. This is only an opportunity to be available for work here and there, on a very short-term basis. You must be registered for classes at Southern to be on this list.
Contact Info: Stop by Human Resources to sign up
Jeri Pewsey, email@example.com
Lisa Patterson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Aubrey Wallin, email@example.com
Bernetta Shockley, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hulsey Wellness Center
Darin Bissell, email@example.com
Kim Armstrong, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dennis Smith, email@example.com
Mark Antone, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol Harrison, email@example.com
Kim Sturm, firstname.lastname@example.org