North Carolina - Fletcher Academy
“Educating for Eternity,” Fletcher Academy is dedicated to providing our students with: Spiritual experiences to enable them to become disciples of Jesus. Academic experiences to prepare them for college and career. Service experiences to train them to be productive workers and caring citizens.
Fletcher Academy, founded in 1910, is a boarding academy located in North Carolina where about 200 students attend. Around 50 students reside in each dorm. Fletcher Academy exists to provide a distinctly Seventh-day Adventist education where spiritual development is bolstered with academic rigor, work skills, and character development that challenges our graduates to have a transforming influence in their world as disciples of Jesus.
- Average Fundraising Goal: Prices may vary. ~$500. See Student Missions office.
- Timeline: Assistant Deans are often asked to come in the summer before school begins, but this may be flexible. You will be expected to stay the entire school year, August to June.
- Location: Fletcher, North Carolina Check out the location on Google Maps!
- Living Accommodations: furnished apartment in the dorm which includes a fully stocked kitchen.
- Language: English
- Food: Meals are provided in the cafeteria
- Internet Access: WiFi on campus.
- Requirements: 1+ years of college education.
- Assisstant Dean – You will get to care for the physical, emotional, and spiritual
needs of students in the dorm. This may look talking with students, supervising, enforcing
rules, comforting the hurting, caring for the sick, answering questions, interacting
with parents, doing office work, substituting classes, giving worships, planning banquets,
and looking for ways to make dorm life even more special. Living intentionally with
the students and caring for their needs provides powerful opportunities to share Jesus.
(Click to enlarge)
2018-2019 Year in Review
Interested in Fletcher?
Apply for your preferred position at least four months before you plan to serve, though spots may be available up until a month before departure.