Two Simple Admission Requirements
- High School GPA Minimum (4.0 Scale)* - 2.5
- GED Total Score Minimum (Out of 800) - 650 (150 on each section)
- HiSet Total Score Minimum (Out of 100) - 62 (8 in each subtest and 2 on the essay)
Transcripts can emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the address below:
Southern Adventist University
PO Box 542
Collegedale, TN 37315
- ACT Composite Minimum - 18
- SAT Total Score Minimum - 960
To send your test scores, request ACT or SAT to send your scores directly to us or email a PDF of your test scores to email@example.com.
Other Requirements for Admission
- Freshmen Priority Deadline March 1
- Transfer Priority Deadline June 1
- Application Deadline: June 1
- Acceptance Deadline: July 1
- Application Deadline: October 1
- Acceptance Deadline: November 1
- Fall Semester: May 1
- Winter Semester: November 1
Approved secondary schools must be accredited by an agency approved by the U.S. Department of Education or by the Canadian Education Ministry. Home Study International is also approved.
Applicants to freshman standing must have, at the minimum, the following subjects
in their secondary program:
- Three units of English, excluding journalism and communication.
- Two units of mathematics, one of which must be algebra. If Algebra 1 has not been taken, MATH 081 must be taken to make up for this deficiency.
- Two units of science. A college class in biology, chemistry, or physics must be taken in addition to general education science requirements if this condition is not met.
- Two units of social studies.
- Two units in a foreign language are required for a B.A. degree. If deficient, one year of a foreign language at the college level will be required.
- Computer competency is strongly recommended.
Applicants who do not meet the requirements for regular acceptance will be considered
for admission on academic probation as outlined below.
- Grade point average (GPA) not lower than 2.25 (on a 4.00 scale).
- Minimum composite ACT (American College Test) not less than 16 or SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) not less than 880 (Evidence-Based Reading & Writing, Math).
- GED minimum score of 145 on each section and total score of at least 580 overall.
- HiSET minimum score of eight in each subtest, two on the essay and total scaled score not less than 45.
Students will be reviewed by the Academic Review Committee at the end of the semester at which time they will either be placed on regular standing, remain on probation, or be academically dismissed.
Applicants wishing to request additional consideration of their admission decision may appeal to the Admissions Committee. Appeal should be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on how to appeal, contact your admissions counselor.
- School of Education and Psychology
- School of Journalism & Communication
- School of Nursing
- BIOL 101, 151, 152
- CHEM 107, 119, 120, 151
- CPTR 108, 124
- EDUC 242
- ENGL 101
- JOUR 105
- MATH 117, 120, 191
- PHYS 211