Hero Image

Non-Degree Programs

On-campus Dual Enrollment 

On-campus dual enrollment classes are an opportunity for local area high school students to earn university credit while also in high school, and are part of the General Education requirements at Southern Adventist University.  

Admission Requirements: 

To enroll in a dual enrollment class students must be juniors or senior in high school with a grade point average of 3.00 or above. High school transcripts are required for processing on-campus dual enrollment applications. Eligibility is determined before the student begins taking the classes.  

Class Options: 

Students may take any General Education Classes as listed in the Catalog. Space must be available in the class and students must meet all class prerequisites. 

Online Dual Enrollment 
Visit Online Campus for Online Dual Enrollment Information.

Application Dates
Applications for both On-campus and Online Dual Enrollment open on the following dates:

Summer Sessions: April 1
Fall Sessions: July 1
Winter Sessions: October 1

Free Classes For Senior Citizens 

Students 65 years of age and older may audit one undergraduate course free of charge per semester, or take one undergraduate course for credit at one-half the current tuition rate per hour. The free class waiver does not apply to lab fees or other charges that may be in addition to tuition. There must be space available in the class to be eligible for this benefit and students must meet all class prerequisites. Individuals must submit a non-degree application to Admissions and then register for the class through Records and Advisement.  

Free Undergraduate Classes For Faculty and Staff of Southern

Regularly employed full-time and part-time faculty and staff (and his/her spouse) may enroll in the university for undergraduate or graduate tuition-waived classes. For more information view the Employee Handbook. There must be space available in the class to be eligible for this benefit and students must meet all class prerequisites.

Please note the application below is only for undergraduate courses. For the graduate level application, click here.

Other Non-Degree Options

High school graduates who do not wish to become degree candidates, or do not meet the University admission requirements, may apply as a non-degree student. Non-degree students may enroll for a maximum of five semester hours per semester and may transfer credit to another institution of higher learning. 

RN/LPN License Update
For information regarding updating your RN/LPN License Update, click here.

Summer Dash
For information regarding Summer Dash, click here.

Complete the Non-Degree Application