SOUTHERN'S MISSION, VISION, AND VALUES
Southern Adventist University’s vision is to:
- Model the love of Jesus in every interaction.
- Invite each student into a saving relationship with Jesus.
- Inspire each student to engage with God’s Church and the world through service and witness.
- Provide each student with an exceptional learning experience that equips them to thrive in a fluid, global job market.
As Southern Adventist University employees, we:
- Embrace the Seventh-day Adventist Church's Worldview and Fundamental Beliefs
- Love Others as God Loves Them
- Act with Integrity
- Live Prayerfully
- Serve Others Generously
- Follow God’s Calling
- Pursue Excellence
- Exercise Responsible Stewardship
- Offer an Exceptional, Wholistic Learning Experience
Rooted in its theological understanding of God and humanity, the educational philosophy of the Seventh-day Adventist church is summarized as follows:
- God, the Creator and Sustainer of the universe, is the Source of all knowledge.
- Created in the image of God for the purpose of communion with Him, humanity has sinned and has separated from Him.
- Through infinite love, God sent His Son to restore this relationship with us, a personal relationship that begins now and continues throughout eternity.
Within the context of this theological understanding, education is viewed as an essential element of redemption and must focus on developing the whole person. Through harmonious development of the physical, mental, spiritual, and social dimensions, the individual becomes better equipped to bring wholeness to a broken world.