MS COMPUTER SCIENCE
Do you already have an undergraduate degree in computer science? Southern has a unique masters program in computer science, when combined with our ABET-accredited undergraduate program can be completed in a total of five years. The proposed program will have two emphases: general computer science and embedded systems. This is a general purpose masters degree aimed at improving the typical 4-year graduate’s skills and qualifications in the workplace. It is intended that the courses will be offered in the late afternoon/early evening, thus allowing working students to attend classes. Those having already completed a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science will take two years to complete the program.
- Go to admission information »
- Graduate Policies and Procedures
- Master of Science in Computer Science Graduate Catalog »
- Master of Science in Computer Science Information Sheet
- Transfer Admission to the MS in Computer Science Sheet
Sample Course Sequence
- Five-Year BS/MS Computer Science Course Sequence
- Five-Year BS/MS Embedded Systems Computer Science Course Sequence
- Traditional 4 + 2 Option (For Course Sequence, contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- MS in Computer Science degree awarded after two additional years.
- No summer coursework required.
- Accelerated 3 + 2 Option (For Course Sequence, contact email@example.com)
- BS in Computer Science and M. S. in Computer Science degrees, both awarded after five years.
- Six hours of summer undergraduate coursework required.
- Accelerated 4 + 1 Option (For Course Sequence, contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- BS in Computer Science degree awarded after four years.
- MS in Computer Science degree awarded after one additional year.
- Twelve hours of summer undergraduate coursework required.