NEW APPLICATION REQUIRED YEARLY
- Application Deadline for S22 - May 31, 2022
- Last Day to Add for S22 - June 2, 2022
- A complete list of teacher certification courses offered Summer 2022 can be found in the Course Schedule.
- T courses (courses with a T in the course #) are available only to Adventist Teachers.
- Online Delivery Fee and Tuition is as follows:
- Southern Union State Conference Teachers - $150/credit hour
- Southern Union Regional Conference Teachers - $175/credit hour
- Self-Supporting School Teachers - $175/credit hour
- Non-Southern Union Conference-Employed Teachers - $175/credit hour
- All others - $350/credit hour
- Textbooks and other course materials are not included in tuition for most courses. The student is responsibile for the cost of these items. Conferences will not pay textbook and course material fees.
- Regular tuition rate applies to all other courses.
- Visit the School of Education and Psychology website for more information on graduate degree courses.
- For assistance, contact the Graduate and Professional Studies office at 423.236.2695 or email@example.com.
- You will receive automated emails outlining the next steps in completing your registration once your application is submitted.
- You are responsible for paying for your courses.
- Your employing conference and/or union will be billed only if they have made arrangements with Southern Adventist University.
- IMPORTANT: You will not be able to register for courses until you sign Southern's Financial Responsibility Agreement.
Authenticating Your Identity
- Required for all students who enroll in distance education courses at Southern Adventist University for the first time.
- Required at time of initial registration for first semester at Southern or in the first semester online courses are taken after the authentication policy was put in place (Fall 2018).
- There are two ways to authenticate your identity:
- In person at Southern Adventist University by obtaining an ID card, or
- Online with Southern's secure identity verification partner. For more information, please contact Online Campus @ 423.236.2087.
TranscriptIf you are in the Southern Union, please request your transcript from National Student Clearinghouse. Select the following options when prompted on your request:
- Who are you sending your transcript to: Education Organization, Application Service Scholarship
- Select Organization: Southern Union Conference of SDA
- Department: Office of Education
Further directions can be found on Adventist Edge.
**The syllabi below may not be from the current semester. However, changes should
be minimal. Check back before your class begins for the updated syllabi.
- EDCI 515T - Organization and Administration of Kindergarten Education
- EDCI 517T - Educational Psychology
- EDCI 518T - Health Principles for Educators
- EDCI 519T - Health Methods
- EDCI 522T - Elementary Bible Methods
- EDCI 523T - Elementary Social Studies Methods
- EDCI 525T - Elementary Language Arts Methods
- EDCI 526T - Elementary Math Methods
- EDCI 527T - Elementary Science Methods
- EDCI 528T - Methods of Instruction for the Kindergarten Classroom
- EDCI 529T - Teaching Elementary Reading
- EDCI 531T - Tech and the Educator
- EDCI 535T - Philosophy of Christian Education
- EDCI 538T - Secondary Reading and Writing in the Content Areas
- EDCI 539T - Secondary Religion Curriculum and Content Methods
- EDCI 567T - Curriculum and Strategies for Children with Learning Differences
- EDCI 571T - Educational Assessment
- EDIL 547T - Curriculum Development
- EDMM 543T - Multiage Classroom Leadership Administration
- EDUC 210T - Topics: Technology Integration for the Early Childhood Classroom
- EDUC 485T-A - Workshop: Teaching and Learning for Young Children: A Cognitive Approach
- EDUC 485T-B - Workshop: Spiritual Development Early Childhood
- EDUC 565T - Topics: Multicultural Education
- EDUC 566T - Seminar: Trends and Issues in Education
- PSYC 128T - Developmental Psychology
- RELB 125T - Life and Teachings of Jesus
- RELT 138T - Adventist Heritage
- RELT 255T - Christian Beliefs
- RELT 373T - Christian Ethics
- Did you fill out an application? A new application is required annually.
- Have you received the "Welcome Email?" If you have not, your application is still being processed. This can take up to 72 hours.
- Classes do not become available on eClass, our learning platform, until the Sunday before classes begin.
- All assignments and resources can be found on eClass.
- Classes are taught asynchronously.
- Lectures can be watched and course work completed on your own time.
- Firm due dates are given so watch your course syllabus closely.
- Most classes meet for 1 hour a week via Zoom.
- Did you leave a detailed message with your name, phone number, and reason for calling, and did you speak clearly?
- We have other responsibilities. Please allow up to 24 hours for us to return a phone call.
- Have you signed the "Student Handbook Acknowledgement"? Visit southern.edu/update. Sign the acknowledgement, and then try again.
- The "Student Handbook Acknowledgement" is required for all students, even if a student is taking classes fully online.
- Questions about acceptance or program
- Graduate & Professional Studies - 423.236.2695
- Pilar Anderson - 423.236.2803
- Deanna Walker - 423.236.2087
- Technical issues with application
- Ben Thompson - 423.236.2530 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admitted but need registration help for a specific course
- Michelle Younkin - 423.236.2694 - email@example.com
- Questions about MSEd degree
- Mikhaile Spence - 423.236.2496 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical questions related to course instruction
- Online Campus - 423.236.2087 - email@example.com