- Application Deadline for F21 - August 23
- Last Day to Add for F21 - August 30
- A complete list of teacher certification courses offered Fall 2021 can be found in the Course Schedule.
- T courses (courses with a T in the course #) are available only to Adventist Teachers and offered at a reduced fee of $150 per credit hour.
- Regular tuition rate applies to all other courses.
- Visit the School of Education and Psychology website for more information on graduate degree courses.
**The syllabi below may not be from the current semester. However, changes should
be minimal. Check back before your class begins for the updated syllabi.
- EDCI 515T - Organization and Administration of Kindergarten Education
- EDCI 518T - Health Principles for Educators
- EDCI 519T - Health Methods
- EDCI 522T - Elementary Bible Methods
- EDCI 523T - Elementary Social Studies Methods
- EDCI 525T - Elementary Language Arts Methods
- EDCI 526T - Elementary Math Methods
- EDCI 527T - Elementary Science Methods
- EDCI 528T - Methods of Instruction for the Kindergarten Classroom
- EDCI 529T - Teaching Elementary Reading
- EDCI 531T - Tech and the Educator
- EDCI 535T - Philosophy of Christian Education
- EDCI 538T - Secondary Reading and Writing in the Content Areas
- EDCI 539T - Secondary Religion Curriculum and Content Methods
- EDCI 567T - Curriculum and Strategies for Children with Learning Differences
- EDCI 571T - Educational Assessment
- EDIL 547T - Curriculum Development
- EDMM 543T - Multiage Classroom Leadership Administration
- EDUC 210T - Topics: Technology Integration for the Early Childhood Classroom
- EDUC 485T-A - Workshop: Teaching and Learning for Young Children: A Cognitive Approach
- EDUC 485T-B - Workshop: Spiritual Development Early Childhood
- EDUC 565T - Topics: Multicultural Education
- EDUC 566T - Seminar: Trends and Issues in Education
- PSYC 128T - Developmental Psychology
- RELB 125T - Life and Teachings of Jesus
- RELT 138T - Adventist Heritage
- RELT 255T - Christian Beliefs
- RELT 373T - Christian Ethics
Poster for Early Childhood Endorsement
*Use the Apply Now button above - select the Adventist Teacher Application
Authenticating Your Identity
- For assistance, contact the Graduate and Professional Studies office at 423.236.2695 or email@example.com.
- You will receive automated emails outlining the next steps in completing your registration once your application is submitted.
- You are responsible for paying for your courses.
- Your employing conference and/or union will be billed only if they have made arrangements with Southern Adventist University.
- IMPORTANT: You will not be able to register for courses until you sign Southern's Financial Responsibility Agreement.
Authenticating Your Identity
- Required for all students who enroll in distance education courses at Southern Adventist University for the first time.
- Required at time of initial registration for first semester at Southern or in the first semester online courses are taken after the authentication policy was put in place (Fall 2018).
- There are two ways to authenticate your identity:
- In person at Southern Adventist University by obtaining an ID card, or
- Online with Southern's secure identity verification partner. For more information, please contact Online Campus @ 423.236.2087.