Authors may submit works for which they are the sole rights holders or have obtained
permission to submit from all co-authors and publishers. The repository accepts text,
images, and embedded videos. Possible content includes, but is not limited to, research
papers, journal articles, theses and dissertations, digital photography, digital art
replications, and performance videos. Knowledge Exchange also houses McKee Library’s digitized special collections and some ebook collections.
The repository follows an open access policy, but in some cases, material may be available
only to current faculty, staff, and students.
Please note that the following content is NOT permitted for submission/publication to Knowledge Exchange:
- FERPA-protected information, including student email addresses.
- HIPPA-regulated information (protected health information, including any information
related to an individual's past, present, or future physical or mental health, except
only if the individual has authorized the release of their data in writing, and such
release is in the hands of the publisher).
- Content barred by law or regulation from publication.
- Intellectual property for which the submitter cannot submit and distribute. To deposit
a work in Knowledge Exchange, you must hold the copyright to that work or have permission from the copyright owner.
Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the copyright of any material deposited in Knowledge Exchange is retained by the depositor/creator.
- Non-public personally identifiable financial or contact information of any kind including,
but not limited to, social security numbers, credit/debit card numbers, account numbers,
account balances, and private residential addresses, except only where such records
preexist as legitimate publicly accessible records outside the university.
- Photographic depictions of individuals in areas where a reasonable expectation of
privacy exists, except if all individuals depicted have given written consent to the
publication of their image.