Tutoring Center Policy
- All tutoring appointments are scheduled through our online scheduler https://trac.e.southern.edu/.
- Students may schedule either an online Zoom appointment or a face-to-face appointment.
- All tutoring appointments need to be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
- Tutoring appointments are usually 50 minutes in length.
- Students may schedule up to four appointments per week.
- Scheduled tutoring sessions take place in the Tutoring Center, as well as other public locations on campus.
- Students are expected to come prepared for the tutoring session with a textbook, syllabus, notes, assignment sheet, and any other necessary materials.
- Tutors are not permitted to complete homework assignments, quizzes, tests, or online assignments with or for students.
- Students who need to cancel a scheduled tutoring appointment should do so at least 24 hours in advance. If a student cancels an appointment on the day of the appointment, the appointment will be marked as CANCEL--missed.
- If a student misses three appointments in one semester, the student’s account will be disabled. The student will need to speak with the director or office manager to get the account reactivated.
- After each appointment, the tutor will complete Tutor Notes for the appointment. The student will receive an emailed copy of the notes. The student can request that the notes also be sent to a professor.
Please visit the Tutoring Center's webpage or contact Sonja Fordham for additional information.