Writing Center Policy
- All writing appointments are scheduled through our online scheduler, WCONLINE, at southern.mywconline.com. Students will need to use their Southern email address to create an account and log in.
- Students may schedule either an online Zoom appointment or a face-to-face appointment.
- Students may schedule an appointment in advance or drop in to see if a writing tutor is available.
- Writing appointments are 40 minutes in length.
Students may schedule up to three appointments per week.
- Students may only schedule one appointment per day.
Students are expected to bring a hard copy of their paper with them to the appointment.
- Students are expected to cancel their appointment at least 30 minutes in advance. This allows another student to make an appointment at that time.
- Students may cancel their appointment by returning to the appointment on the online scheduler and clicking on the “cancel this appointment” button at the bottom of the appointment form.
- If a student cannot access his/her appointment, the student may call the Writing Center and request that the appointment be canceled.
- If a student misses an appointment, the student will be marked as a no show.
- If a student is more than 15 minutes late to an appointment, the student will be marked as a no show.
- If a student is marked as a no show three times, the student’s WCONLINE account will be disabled. The student will need to speak with the director to get the account reactivated.
- After each appointment, the tutor completes a report of the appointment. The student will receive an emailed copy of this report. The study may request that the report also be sent to a professor.
- In an effort to ensure the quality of the Writing Center, after each appointment, students will be asked to complete a survey to request anonymous feedback on their tutoring experience.
Please visit the Writing Center's FAQ page or contact Sonja Fordham for additional information.