Writing Center Policy
- All writing appointments are scheduled through our online scheduler https://trac.e.southern.edu/.
- Students may schedule either an online Zoom appointment or a face-to-face appointment.
- Students may schedule an appointment in advance or walk in to see if a writing tutor is available.
- Writing appointments are 25 minutes or 50 minutes in length.
- Students may schedule up to three appointments per week.
- Students may only schedule one appointment per day.
- Students are expected to bring a hard copy of their paper with them to the appointment.
- Students are expected to cancel their appointment at least 30 minutes in advance. This allows another student to make an appointment at that time.
- If a student cannot access his/her appointment, the student may call the Writing Center and request that the appointment be canceled.
- If a student misses an appointment, the appointment will be marked as missed.
- If a student misses three appointments in one semester, the student’s account will be disabled. The student will need to speak with the director to get the account reactivated.
- After each appointment, the tutor completes Tutor Notes for the appointment. The student will receive an emailed copy of the notes. The student may request that the notes also be sent to a professor.
Please contact Sonja Fordham for additional information.