Writing Center Policy
The Writing Center, located on the main floor of the library, offers free writing support to any member of the Southern community.
- All tutoring appointments are scheduled online through WCONLINE at https://southern.mywconline.com/. Students will need to use their Southern email address to create an account and log in.
- Writing appointments are 45 minutes in length.
- Students may schedule up to three appointments per week.
- Students may only schedule one appointment per day.
- Students who live locally should schedule a face-to-face appointment.
- Students who are not local may schedule an online appointment or use our eTutoring service.
- Students are expected to bring a hard copy of their paper with them to the appointment.
- Students may only bring one paper or project per appointment.
- Students are expected to cancel their appointment at least one hour in advance. This allows another student to make an appointment at that time.
- Students may cancel their appointment by returning to the appointment on the online scheduler https://southern.mywconline.com/ and clicking on the “cancel this appointment” button at the bottom of the appointment form.
- If a student cannot access his/her appointment, the student can call the writing center and request that the appointment be canceled.
- If a student misses an appointment, the student will be marked as a no show.
- If a student is more than 15 minutes late to an appointment, the student will be marked as a no show.
- If a student is marked as a no show more than twice, the student’s WCONLINE account will be disabled. The student will need to speak with the director to get the account reactivated.
Reports and Evaluations:
- After each appointment, the tutor completes a report of the appointment. The student may request that the report be sent to a professor.
- In an effort to ensure the quality of our writing center, after each appointment, students will be asked to complete a survey to request anonymous feedback on their tutoring experience.
For more information, please contact:
Sonja Fordham, PhD
Writing Center Director
Tutoring Center Director