Academic Support Team
The Academic Support Team offers helpful resources to all students who strive to make the most of their college experience. The team implements timely intervention for students facing circumstances that may impede their academic success. This is accomplished through personalized, one-on-one meeting with a specially trained manager.
- How I Learn
- Get Organized
- Ace My Tests
- Reduce My Stress
- Overcoming Anxiety
The Academic Support Team Process
- The Academic Support Team (AST) receives referrals from anyone (faculty, staff, dean, adviser, employers, students, parents, etc.).
- Referrals can be made by: filling out the referral form online, calling Retention Services at 423.236.3400, or by email.
- Referral is assigned to a Academic Support Manager (ASM).
- Referral source is notified that their referral has been received and processed.
- ASM will contact the referred student to offer services.
- Contact attempts are made by phone, email, text, and with assistance from residence hall deans.
- Outcomes are reported to the referral source, professors, academic adviser, AST, parents (if applicable), and Academic Review Committee.
- JumpStart, University Enrichment, and academic probation students are automatically referred to the AST.
- ASM gathers information from professors by sending Academic Progress Report survey link.
- ASM assesses the student's well being and reviews grades along with academic progress at each meeting.
- ASM meets with students on a regular basis to develop a personalized action plan.
- Every effort will be made to connect with students who have been referred to the AST, however, we respect the student’s right to refuse services.