Welcome Summer 2022 JUMPSTART Students
Congratulations on being accepted into the Southern Adventist University JUMPSTART
program! JUMPSTART is a unique learning opportunity that will support you in becoming
a self-motivated, self-regulated, active learner. The JUMPSTART team is anxious to
help you begin your academic journey and explore your readiness for college!
TO DO List
JumpStart class meets Monday-Friday from 9 am to 12 pm, July 18-22.
JumpStart Lab meets Monday-Thursday from 1-5 pm, July 18-August 18.
Register here. (must be a "morning" class that begins July 25-Aug 18 and is on the Approved List)
- (BUAD 128) Personal Finance
- (COMM 135) Communication and Public Speaking
- (ENGL 101) Critical Thinking and Ac Rdng/Wrt 1
- (PSYC 128) Developmental Psychology
- (RELB 125) Life and Teachings of Jesus
- (RELT 255) Christian Beliefs
You may contact FYE@southern.edu or call 423-236-3100 for assistance with registration.
- JumpStart tuition is free.
- The finance structure follows SmartStart guidelines.
- $500 meal plan is required. The unused portion will be credited back to your account.
- One academic credit will be granted upon successful completion of the JumpStart class.
Order textbooks beginning April 11in order to receive them in time for the first Zoom session on July 11.
- Allow at least 24-48 hours between registering for the class and ordering textbooks.
- Textbooks must be purchased from BNC in order to have inclusive access to online content.
- Textbooks and supplies can be sent to your home or picked up at the The Southern Shoppe when you arrive.
Come prepared to participate in activities held at the Outdoor Education Center.
- Bring clothes you won’t mind getting dirty and a modest bathing suit.
- Closed-toe shoes are required for outdoor education team-building activities and rafting trip.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to move in.
SAU Orientation will be located in the main cafeteria and breakfast will be provided for the families.
Enrollment Activities must be completed by 2:00 PM
At 5:00 PM JUMPSTART (students only) Prep Session in Advent Health Hall (Pizza dinner provided)
In order to progress to the fall semester, you must pass both the JUMPSTART and SMARTSTART classes with a grade of C or better.
A special message from Professor Durst
JUMPSTART: A Good Foundation
Previous students perspective on how JUMPSTART helped them.