The Middle East Study Tour is designed to acquaint students with the extensive history and cultures of the ancient Near East as they relate to the Bible. The two-week tour encompasses sites representing the entire span of history, from the earliest periods of civilization to modern times. Emphasis will be placed on the relationship between historical and the understanding of the Bible.
Instruction will include an overview of biblical history and archaeological research in the Middle East. Emphasis will be placed on past and current excavations in Syria-Palestine and their affect on biblical backgrounds, settings, events, and history. Sound principles of evaluation will be developed for assessing archaeological interpretation, recognizing its contributions and internal limitations. Students will gain insights concerning the current economic and political situations in the Middle East and how they relate to present and future hopes for peace in that region.
- June 19 - July 20, 2017: Israel and Jordan
- June 19 - July 11, 2016: Israel and Jordan
- June 17 - July 31, 2015: Israel and Jordan
- June 22 - July 14, 2014: Israel and Jordan
- June 8 - July 19, 2011: Israel and Jordan
- June 3 - July 27, 2010: Israel and Jordan
- June 1 - 15, 2009: Anatolia (Turkey) and France
- June 18 - August 5, 2007: Israel and Jordan
- May 9 - 23, 2006: Egypt and Cyprus
- July 31 - August 14, 2002: Anatolia (Turkey)
- May 17 - June 1, 2001: Israel, Jordan, Sinai
- May 6 - 21, 1999: Israel, Jordan, Sinai
Southern Adventist University P.O. Box 370
Collegedale, TN 37315