The editorial manager is responsible for creating and monitoring the written communications of Southern Adventist University and serves as a key member of the team responsible for shaping the marketing and communications strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the collection and distribution of key news and feature items for internal and external publics
- Serves as managing editor for Columns, the university magazine, which includes writing and editing as well as managing production and distribution
- Proofreads or supervises proofreading of all website and print publications created by the university for the public
- Develops message concepts and themes in collaboration with other members of team and administration
- Supervises print and digital content development for newsletters, Southern Tidings features, brochures, advertisements, websites, etc.
- Fosters long-term relationships with news media and escorts media on campus
- Serves on the Crisis Communication Team as the primary public information officer
- Supervises and mentors student writers and editors
- Contract with freelancers to assist with workflow when necessary
- Promotes special events and assists with community-relations initiatives as needed
- Participates in research, evaluation, and assessment of all public relations and marketing initiatives
- Perform all other reasonable business-related functions as assigned.
- Superior skills and passion for writing and editing
- A thorough knowledge of public relations and marketing theory and practice
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality when appropriate
- Capable of organizing and meeting deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to work under pressure in collaboration with faculty, staff, students, and external public
- Attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills