Student Job Board
Important: Southern participates in the government program E-verify. (more information|para información)
Southern Adventist University requires all students to visit the Human Resource Department to complete new hire paperwork after they have been hired, and before the start of the first day of work:
On Campus Student Positions
Deparment: Landscape Services
Hours: Must be available to work at least a two-hour block per shift. Available shifts are:
- Mon - Thurs, 8 am - 12 pm and 1pm - 5pm and Fridays 8am - 12pm
Description: All landscape positions available
Qualifications: Enjoy the benefits of working outside. A knowledge of landscape work is a plus, but not a requirement. A good driving record is a plus.
Contact Name: Mark Antone
Office Phone: 423.236.2747
Department: Hulsey Wellness Center
Hours: 3 or 3:15-5 pm on MW,
Pay Rate: TBD
Description: Lifeguard -Possibly teach swim lessons -Maintain a clean and safe environment -Relate well to patrons, fellow staff, and supervisors.
Qualifications: -LG certification a big bonus!
Contact Name: Leslie Evenson
Contact Phone: 423.236.2594
Other: Start Immediately
Pay Rate: Based on Class Standing
- Maintain GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work without supervision.
- Must have good cause and effect reasoning and decision-making skills.
- Must be responsible, dependable, and a team player.
- Must be willing to work every other weekend and Â½ of the student breaks/holidays during the school year.
- Must present a professional demeanor, display a spirit of helpfulness, work well with others, and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must be able to write and speak English fluently.
Office Phone: 423-236-2100
Cooks 7:45am -10:30am M/W/TH/F
Cooks 10:30am -1:30pm M/T/W/TH
Cooks 5:00pm-done M/T/W/Th/F
Dining Room 10:00am-11:00am Wed
Dining Room 2:00pm-4:30pm B/T/TH
Floors 7:00pm-9:30 pm M-F
Stockroom M-PM T/F 9:30 am W-PM
Dishroom T/TH 6:30-9:00 am 12:00-2:30 M-TH
Expediter 8:30am-10:00 M-F Lunch M/W
Qualifications: No experience necessary. On the job training.
To Apply: Please email class schedule to Jeri Pewsey
Office Phone: 423.236. 2708
Description: If you are available for short-term, short-notice work, then Human Resources would like to speak with you.
Periodically, departments on campus have large projects that require extra help, either because the project comes in at the last minute or because it is a busy time of year and they need an extra person. While these projects will not turn into a part-time job, or last long, Human Resources would like to have a list of available workers on hand for the departments to contact. Students who are interested can sign up in Human Resources and be notified via email when a department has a job starting in a day or two and lasting no more than two weeks.
1) Sign up for the email list (and complete required paperwork) in Human Resources.
2) Check your email and respond to opportunities you’re interested in/available for/qualified to do.
3) Departments will fill their needs on a first-come, first-serve basis.
4) Jobs will start with little notice and last for no more than two weeks at a time.
This will not be a placement list, so signing up for this service will not find you a regular student job on campus. This is only an opportunity to be available for work here and there, on a very short-term basis. You must be registered for classes at Southern to be on this list.
Contact Info: Stop by Human Resources to sign up
Jeri Pewsey, email@example.com
Lisa Patterson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Aubrey Wallin, email@example.com
Bernetta Shockley, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hulsey Wellness Center
Darin Bissell, email@example.com
Kim Armstrong, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dennis Smith, email@example.com
Mark Antone, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol Harrison, email@example.com
Kim Sturm, firstname.lastname@example.org