Hero Image

Student Employment


Southern Adventist University employs about 1,400 students each school year. Student workers are valuable resources to the operating functions of the university. As student employment coordinator, I am here to assist students with employment at Southern. If you have questions, please feel free to email me or call at 423.236.2278. I'll be happy to help!

—Kaylie Ackerman, Student Employment Coordinator

What is the Employment Process?

Finding a JobFinding a job

We post job openings (from campus departments and local businesses) on the Student Job Board. When looking for a job, it’s important to know your class schedule since employers may need to fill specific time slots.

Student Job Board
Starting EmploymentStarting Employment

A Labor Assignment Request to be turned in to HR and other forms you can complete in our office. You will need ORIGINAL documents for identity/employment eligibility. Down below are documents/forms that are acceptable. COPIES are NOT ACCEPTED and must presented in their original form and unexpired.

A complete list may be found on page 3 of Form I-9
PaydayGetting Paid

Students are paid every other Friday. Students receive 25% of their earnings directly transferred to their personal bank account; the other 75% is applied to the student account at SAU. Students employed under the Federal Work-Study Program receive 100% directly to their personal bank account.

percentChanging Percentages

A portion of your paycheck will go directly towards your student account. Changes to the default percentages can be made by clicking on the link below to submit your request. All requests will go through your student finance counselor for approval.

Request Wage Percentage Change

Acceptable Forms and Documents

We'll need to see one thing from List A or one each from Lists B and C., or Form I-94 for non-U.S. citizens. For the I9 form, students typically present their physical U.S. Passport or Passport card , OR their Driver's License or Student ID - along with - their Social Security Card or Birth Certificate. COPIES are NOT ACCEPTED. Documents must presented in their original form and unexpired. 

Community Service Video

This video showcases community service here at Southern Adventist University