Disclaimer: The Student Job Board is a job referral/resource that is available to our students and the local community.
Southern Adventist University is not responsible for the safety, wages, working conditions, or other aspects of off-campus (non-university) employment listings. The university does not guarantee positions nor products or services of employers who post job opportunities through the Student Job Board. The Human Resource Department strives to update and maintain the student job board, as information is made available.
Job postings are approved at the discretion of Human Resource Department, and we will reserve the right to decline job postings at any point.
In search of person who enjoys active kids (9 yr. old boy and 7 yr. old girl)
Qualifications: +Must have own transportation +Reliable, because if you don't show then we have to call in to work.
Hours: 3 pm-3 am - kids bedtime at 7:30 pm
Pay Rate: $100/day
Office Phone: Jennifer First> 423-313-5923
Housekeeper for Cabin Rental
Description/Duties: I am looking for a self motivated employee to clean a log cabin rental in between renters starting in August.
Qualifications: I need someone who is dependable, reliable, loyal, honest, and thorough. Experience is a plus.
Hours: Hours are usually flexible. I mostly need someone on a Monday or Tuesday (any time of day or night) for about 5 hours. The cabin is sometimes also open on Sundays (p.m.) for cleanings.
Pay Rate: $50 to clean the cabin (about $10/hour depending on your pace)
Childcare- Christ UMC
Location/Department: Christ United Methodist Church 8645 East Brainerd Road, Chattanooga, TN 37421
Cell - (423) 457-6528
(Multiple Positions Available)
1. Avondale SDA School is seeking a part-time cook
Hours will be 6:30am-1:00pm; Monday – Friday
Pay is $10hr.
2. Avondale SDA School is seeking a part-time janitor
Hours will be 3:00 – 6:00pm Monday – Thursday; 2:00pm – 4:00pm on Friday
Pay is $8 – 10hr.
3. Avondale SDA School is seeking a before care and aftercare person.
Hours will be 7:00am – 8:00am (Monday to Friday); 3pm – 6pm Monday to Thursday
Pay is $8hr.
4. Avondale SDA School is seeking a part-time certified English teacher. Candidate can have either NAD teaching credentials or a TN teaching license. Please send your resume to email@example.com. Attention principal.
5. Avondale SDA School is seeking volunteers to assist us for the 2019-2020 school year. If you love working with students and seeing them blossom into God's beautiful creation, stop by our school this summer for an application.
CONTACT: Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (423)698-5028 to apply.
Avondale School is a Seventh-day Adventist school located in Chattanooga, TN. Our staff are committed to providing exceptional education in a Christ-filled environment.
School Mission Statement:
"To provide affordable Christian education to the urban community of Chattanooga that will promote the holistic development of each student as a Christian leader in order to prepare them for eternity."
Avondale SDA School has recently embraced a "non-traditional approach" to Adventist Christian education. Beginning with the 2012-2013 academic year, our objective is to serve our church and community with our primary purpose being to evangelize and target students who are non-Adventists to win souls for the kingdom. Avondale's objective is to take Christ to the classroom through the mission and community service projects involving our entire student body and teaching them the importance of servant leadership and discipleship.
Avondale SDA School | 1201 N Orchard Knob Ave | Chattanooga, TN 37406 | 423-698-5028
Planned Giving Professional Assistant- It Is Written
Planned Giving Professional Assistant (Full-Time)
Position Summary: To thrive in this role, the individual needs to love record keeping, work independently, communicate well and be extremely organized. This requires a motivated individual with a proven track record in efficient office communication and record keeping activities. Experience may be from a different professional field, but must have a proven ability to work under pressure and prioritize. The right candidate will play an integral part in the future development of the Planned Giving Department.
Authority & Accountability: Authority as delegated by the Planned Giving and Trust Services Director. Responsible for assisting in the direction of Planned Giving and Trust Services -- in accordance with North American Division policy and objectives.
Essential Position Functions:
• Report directly to the Planned Giving and Trust Services Director to assist with responsibilities in handling queries via phone, email or general correspondence.
• Set up procedures and monitoring systems as required for smooth, work flow
• Manage office supplies, stationery, and department equipment
• Receive and properly record monies for PG&TS department
• Manage records for gift maturities; prepare statistical reports and documents as needed
• Manage department's payables
• Manage printing jobs – facilitating printing orders
• Prepare agenda and minutes for GATAC meetings, record and store such minutes
• Must be able to perform the specific position functions as listed below.
• Fulfill other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Ministry management.
Specific Position Functions:
- Marketing Assistance:
- Internet eMarketing
- Serve as co-Web master of HisLegacy.com
- Database maintenance of donor records and document updates
- File Care
- Organize new gift plan files; re-organize existing files as needed
- Assist other department staff in securing needed file documents
- Maintain file summary sheets
- Qualifications, Scope, and Complexity of duties:
- Education: Minimum of associates degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: Minimum of three years
- Skills, scope, and complexity of duties:
- Necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to sufficiently handle the job assignment
- NAD Trust Services Certification Preferred – Not Required
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to exercise direction, independent judgment, make decisions, and assume responsibility
- Good personal relationship skills
- Be willing to receive training on a regular basis
- Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects or unusual situations
- Interpersonal Relationships:
Within It Is Written interactions:
- Field representatives working from home
- Associate Planned Giving Director
- Department Directors
- Office staff
- Support Services and all on-campus personnel
Outside of office interactions:
- Western Adventist Foundation Staff
- Crescendo Interactive account contact
- NAD/GC Planned Giving staff
- Other SDA organizations as required
- Principal Contact: PG&TS Department Director
- General working conditions of an office
- Travel flexibility and travel hazards
- Physical requirements: requires standing, walking, time at desk, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs.)
- 38 regular hours per week,
- Will require variable hours and limited weekend work
- No special clothing or safety gear required
Planned Giving & Trust Services Assistant
PO Box 6, Chattanooga, TN 37401
Contact/Email: Bilda Small> email@example.com
(This Week Only)
Qualifications: Be strong in the Lord
Hours: 4 hours (possibly less)
Pay Rate: 40.00/day
Other: Need someone on 6.18 & possibly 6.19 morning start both days.
• Companionship and conversation,
• Light housekeeping, tasks,
• Meal preparation
• Personal Care and assistance with bathing,
• Medication and appointment reminders.
Qualifications: Complete a criminal background check and complete First Aid/CPR training as required by Medicare. Need to be kind and tender hearted with the ability to treat and care for a senior lady that has much to share. Females preferred.
Must be 18 years of age
Hours: 8 hours a day.
Perks: Competitive pay and a quiet place in the country to work with the opportunity to study after duties are completed and a flexible schedule to meet your school schedule.
Phone: Please text 423.356.2677
Qualifications: Someone who is comfortable with special needs and seizure protocol. Willing to do a little transportation on a limited basis.
Hours: After school care, Wednesday - Friday, with some weekend work
Other: This position will start in August.
(Stoney Point Baptist Church)
Location/About: Stoney Point Baptist Church is a predominately African American Church located in Soddy Daisy Tennessee.
- The annual salary for the Church Musician would be $200 per week
- Provide music at our 10:45 a.m. service which is regularly scheduled every Sunday morning.
- At the direction of the Pastor, the Choir Director/ Musician will collaborate in selecting appropriate music for each service.
- Rehearse with choir on a weekly basis. Normal rehearsal is Saturday at 9:30 a.m. but rehearsal can be modified if necessary
- Provide music for funeral services held within the church if available at the time of the funeral.
- Provide music for any afternoon services at the church or other churches/function where the choir has to sing. Additional compensation will be given to musician if the service is on Sunday
- Additional compensation will be given to musician if the service is on any other day outside of Sunday. This is deemed necessary due to additional driving that may be required.
Contact: Edward L. Thrasher Pastor
P.O. Box 640, Soddy Daisy, Tennessee 37384 Phone- 423-332-5444
Applications for the job listed below will be accepted from the time of posting from NORTH AMERICAN DIVISION employees WITH AT LEAST ONE YEAR OF SERVICE IN THEIR CURRENT POSITIONS.
TITLE OF JOB: Processing Assistant/Departmental Secretary
DEPARTMENT: Office of Volunteer Ministries (NAD-OVM) SUPERVISOR: Ernest Hernandez, Director
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: • Assists with placements of both interdivision and intradivision volunteers with mission sites. • Performs screening, interviews and assists in recommending potential volunteers for vote by the North American Division Appointees Committee. • Assists in communicating with mission sites and missionary volunteers on a regular basis • Assists in generating correspondence required to answer inquiries, clarify information, policy, etc. • Receives all forms and paperwork from all applicants and establishes volunteer files. • Assists in identifying potential issues or concerns with a volunteer applicant and performs the necessary research and/or reference checks required to obtain clarification. • Assists in monitoring and counseling NAD Campus Coordinators, volunteer site(s) and potential/current volunteers regarding implementation and interpretation of Adventist Volunteer Service policy. • Answers and/or forwards inquiries, application requests from website, e-mail, phone, to GC AVC. • Assists in managing and updating volunteer database in order to maintain current volunteer information as well as generate statistical reports as requested by supervisor, NAD administration, or GC AVC. • Assists in developing operations manuals for office personnel and/or identifying other resources needed by campus coordinators in the following areas: recruiting/orientation, support services while in field, and after re-entry. • Provides operational support to other members of the volunteer ministries staff when needed • Screens telephone calls; responds to routine/non-routine inquiries using standardized formats; refers specific inquiries to appropriate coworker. • Processes incoming mail, opening, dating, sorting and distributing to departmental staff, includes pick-up of Federal Express packets. • Maintains a well-organized office, often in the absence of supervisor, with efficient filing system, by making sure the necessary and current documents are filed. • Processes and documents student missionary files which includes making individual folders, locating GC Visa office dispatch information, and mailing the appropriate correspondence and instructions to volunteers, working through the NAD SDA colleges Chaplain's offices; doing the same for the few volunteers (AY) who are not attending a Seventh-day Adventist College and for the AVS volunteers who are above 30 years of age. • Processes the insurance requests for all student missionary files in our section with the accompanying journal voucher for the charges by GC Treasury. • Researches data and makes necessary adjustments in cases of error, changes in information, or circumstances. • Composes and transmits faxes to field regarding questions and arrival information of the AVS volunteer. • Processes dispatch notices from the Secretariat: Date, code, file and completes them according to the needs of the Secretariat; final filing in TRE/GC Visa office. • Compiles end of year report of all volunteers for publication in Adventist Review. Adds name to College List, a master list of NAD universities and colleges. • Updates instruction sheets for various countries based on the current regulations obtained from the immigration office. Formulates and revises office forms as needed to meet office needs. • Set up and maintenance of all files for correspondence, visa applications, copy of passport, insurance coverage, affidavit, college transcripts, letters of guarantee and other important documents. • Reviews visa applications, readying them for presentation to the respective embassy(s) for visas. • Telephone back-up for Supervisor.
• Performs other work-related duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/CREDENTIALS: Associate's (AA/AS) degree in religion, communications, or related field. Appropriate successful work experience may be acceptable in lieu of scholastic requirements.
If interested send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow instructions from response email.
Description/Duties: Welcoming patients, making patient appointments, filing, answering the phone, and light computer work. We are able to teach most of what you will need to know.
Qualifications: A happy disposition, a smiling face with good social skills and a polite phone voice. Mostly a willing attitude to learn and follow instructions
Office Phone: 423-531-4123
Other: Leave a message with your name and number and we will get back to you.
Location/Department: local area
Description/Duties: Construction helper needed.
Hours: Part- to full-time, weather permitting. Flexible hours. Possibility to continue working throughout the school year.
Pay Rate: $10 p/h
Office Phone: 423.582.0834
Location/Department: 2225 Polymer Dr., Chattanooga TN
Qualifications: must 18 years old ,have reliable transportation , this is heavy lifting , also clean up sweeping safety shoe recommended but not required, gloves provided
Hours: 8 am to 4 pm might adjust some depending on schedule Monday thru Friday no weekends or nights 30 to 45 minutes for lunch
Pay Rate: 13.00 per hour, time and a half for overtime
Office Phone: Steve Sapp/ABC Supply Co> 423 553 1082 cell- 423 593 1812
Seeking an experienced part-time babysitter for an active fifteen month old baby boy. The position will be 3 days a week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Being on time and punctual on scheduled days
* Preparation and feeding of meals
* Engagement in activities appropriate to age
* Preparation for bedtime
Skills & Qualifications
* Preferred experience babysitting
* Preferred certification in CPR and First Aid
* Experience with toddlers preferred
* Must have valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and clean driving record
* Must provide at least 3 professional reference
Pay: Will discuss pay during interview
To Apply: Serious Inquiries only please call 423-641-3377 or email at email@example.com
Qualifications: CPR and basic first aid is needed as well as good driving record.
Pay Rate: $10-12 per hour
Childcare Needed (Ooltewah)
I am looking for childcare for my 9(Jacob) and 7(Hannah) year old. I would like someone who could help all year long with guaranteed hours. My kids will be at camp most weeks in the summer, and I would need some one for the weeks they are out of camp and during the school year (after school). My kids are easy to get along with and I am very flexible. Our neighborhood has a pool to entertain on hot summer days. I will pay for gas and meals/activities while you are sitting. I require no special skill set, as long as you like kids and are willing to keep them entertained, I'm good! On full days, I would pay $70 and $10 hourly if not working full days.
Qualifications: CPR certified and FUN!
Pay Rate: $70 full day
Phone/Contact/Email: Lauren Tessier at 281-961-2696/Lndurelus@yahoo.com
Description/Duties: I am looking for childcare for my boys on Tuesdays and Thursdays this summer while I work. I have 4 boys ages 11, 8, 5, and 2.
Qualifications: Love to interact with kids and have your own transportation
Office Phone: Francie Christensen> 423.763.8431
Qualifications: Computer Science major or related.
Hours: One-time job; 1-2 hours
Pay Rate: $12
Office Phone: Michael Najjar> 423-290-0966
Baby Sitter/Mother's Helper
Qualifications: Previous childcare experience with toddlers and infants.CPR and First Aid certification. Clean driving record. Reliable transportation. Tutor experience and Foreign Languages are a plus.
Hours: Occasional / As needed
Pay Rate: $8-14 per hour
Other: Please contact me via email if interested, with references included.