Disclaimer: The Student Job Board is a job referral/resource that is available to our students and the local community.
Southern Adventist University is not responsible for the safety, wages, working conditions, or other aspects of off-campus (non-university) employment listing. The university does not guarantee positions nor products or services of employers who post job opportunites through the Student Job Board. The Human Resource Department strives to update and maintain the student job board, as information is made available.
Job postings are approved at the discretion of Human Resource Department, and will reserve the right to decline job postings at any point.
Location: Apison, TN
Pay Rate: $12/hr
Description: Caregiver prefer experience
Contact Name: Gayle Balaban
Contact Phone: 423.785.7768
Child Care Assistant
Location: Hamilton County Department of Education School Age Child Care
Hours: 2:30 PM - 6:00 PM Monday-Friday
Pay Rate: $9.83
Description: Provides supervised care, monitors children's activities, and provides a safe, nurturing environment for children enrolled in the School Age Child Care Program before school, after school, during summer vacation, or at other scheduled times.
- Follows safety procedures.
- Prepares, serves, or provides nutritional snacks; escorts children to/from restroom and monitors restroom activities; assists children in washing hands; assists students with homework or reviewing for tests; assists in monitoring belongings of children and other tasks concerning care for children.
- Plan, coordinates, conducts, and/or participates in various activities for children appropriate to each age group, which may include indoor/outdoor activities, quiet time, homework, story reading, educational activities, creative activities, arts and crafts, play time, games, structured physical activities, exploration activities, field trips, or other activities as appropriate.
- Provides care and activities for handicapped children with appropriate adaptations.
- Coordinates disciplinary issues as required in a fair, equal and respectful manner.
- Processes various documentation associated with child care activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: High School Diploma
Contact Name: Josh Miller
Contact Phone: 423.893.3530
Location: Spring Creek Road Baptist Church
Hours: Sunday (9:30-12:30), (6:00-7:00) Wednesday (5:30 - 8:30)
Pay Rate: Negotiable
Description: Part-time child care work for Sundays and Wednesday evenings.
Qualifications: Able to minister to children from birth - 4 years of age
Contact Name: James Julian
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 423.894.0700
Department: LEAD / SALT
Description: Door to door distribution of christian literature. Working in teams under leaders supervision. Weekly training is provided. You do not need your own vehicle.
Qualifications: New and experienced canvassers are welcomed. Teachable spirit is necessary.
(Not for students with F1 visa)
Hours: Su. 2-6pm, Mo. - Th. 3.30 - 7.30pm, Chose 1-2 shifts per week.
Pay Rate: Donation based. Call me for details
Contact Name: Vlastimil Hybl
Marketing and Sales Intern
Location: McKee Bakery, Collegedale, TN
Hours: Monday - Friday, hours varies between 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (20 hours or more per week)
Learn the world of retail from inside a manufacturer’s perspective. As a Retail Support Intern, you will be an active part of the team that works with the Account Executives to set up promotions and new products, communicate opportunities and analyze the effectiveness of events. This includes working within retailer systems on promotion opportunities and new items, working with different sales reporting tools and communicating key information to internal and external customers. Make McKee Foods a part of your education plan and develop the technical, business and customer-service skills needed to become a well-rounded and highly-marketable professional.
- Currently pursuing a four-year college degree in Business, Communications, or related field
- Junior, Senior or Masters student
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of products
- Interest in and/or aptitude for working with Sales and Marketing departments
- Strong customer service skills
- Willing and able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Willing to accept responsibility
- High level of initiative and drive
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work with a diverse customer base
- Willingness and ability to work during school breaks
- 3.0 or higher overall grade point average
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to create and use charts, graphs, pivot tables, advanced formulas, etc.
- Ability to extract information from databases
- Competitive pay scale
- Flexible hours around school schedule
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Direct deposit payroll
- Credit Union
- Exercise and recreation facility
Please note: Spare and limited employees (*including interns) are not eligible for some company benefits.
Please visit our website at http://www.mckeefoods.comunder the careers link to apply or you may click the link below.
All applications must be submitted by October 16, 2017.
Please upload your current resume to be fully considered for this position.
**Equal Opportunity Employer**
Location: Collegedale, TN
Hours: Thursday and Friday
Pay Rate: TBD
Description: General housekeeping duties, experience preferred.
Contact Name: Dot Longely
Contact Phone: 423.298.6020
Fall Break Homeschool Assistant
Location: 1 mile from SAU
Hours: W 9-2, Th 9-2, F 9-12 (if you can only work part of the time still contact me.)
Pay Rate: $8/ hour
Description: I need someone to assist me with homeschooling and babysitting during SAU's fall break from Wednesday-Friday. Help may include grading papers, rocking a baby, helping 3 well-behaved middle school students, helping with PE, etc.
Qualifications: None required but experience with kids and/ or babies a plus. Also, I'm open to someone leading out in something, like a craft or other fun activity but not necessary.
Contact Name: Kami Harris
Office Phone: 931-252-2795
Other: I may be able to hire you for more dates in the future as well, if interested.
Hours: Monday and Tuesday - hours to be determined
Pay Rate: $9.90 p/hr
Description: Companion for a special needs adult.
Qualifications: CPR certified
Contact Name: Wendy Dietsche